• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this really our plan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Careful with that one, I know a Private care home manager & she speaks to her peers in the industry, its her view that 95% of care home deaths are ones run by LA / NHS, i.e. public ones, now this is just "what I have been told" so I can't verify it, but, as ever, more data is needed - specifically who runs the care homes where the infections are happening?
    The care home in Skye with a number of deaths is run by (I believe) the largest care home provider in the UK. This same provider has experienced deaths in other care homes they run.

Yo may be right that LA care homes have a higher rate of deaths vs private, but this feels unlikely given there are so few LA run care homes compared to private.

Either way, the care home sector is a shambles and this virus is now shining a big light on it's failings.

Differences – Council & Private Care Homes | Care Factsheet & Guides

There remains a small number of local authority owned and run care homes alongside the much larger private care home sector
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Really? Or is that just in your head?

People may follow the lockdown, but that's not the same as supporting the lockdown. Those on furlough pay with a safe job may be feeling fine, but those with little money coming in are not faring so well.
      Have you seen any of the surveys on public opinion re support for lockdown? Have a Google.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Have you seen any of the surveys on public opinion re support for lockdown? Have a Google.
        Have you seen social media and news stories? Have a google.

We'll see how people feel about the lockdown once they can go out as many times a day for 'exercise' as they like, and can meet friends so long as they are 2 metres apart.

You have a very naive view of people - we saw with Cheltenham exactly what people will do - back then they were 'advised' to social distance and yet they rocked up to the gee-gees in their thousands, resulting in a much faster spread of the virus throughout the UK.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
          I've never heard anyone but Trump claim that the lockdown has increased suicides.
          Not the lockdown directly, but unemployment has been linked to suicides, and unemployment in increasing due to the lockdown.

The Guardian made the unemployment / suicide connection a few years ago

Comment

Maybe just lift the lockdown for people under ~25 who aren't living with anyone older?

Let them all get infected, they'll mostly shrug it off, then you've got a much greater chunk of immune people floating around.

Then raise it to 30, 35, etc.

By the time the old peeps are allowed out we should be getting closer to 60%

Comment

Over 50’s should be herded into stadiums to get infected - 30% or so will snuff if, will be a much quicker but same plan Boris has

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
                Maybe just lift the lockdown for people under ~25 who aren't living with anyone older?

Let them all get infected, they'll mostly shrug it off, then you've got a much greater chunk of immune people floating around.

Then raise it to 30, 35, etc.

By the time the old peeps are allowed out we should be getting closer to 60%
                Yeah. good idea - since all under 25s live on their or only with other under 25s.

And who knows long term implications of this virus anyway? Easy to say - get infected, but what if t creates long term damage?

Comment

Lots of under 25s work in hospitality - what’s good it iwll be to open pubs and hotels now?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Lots of under 25s work in hospitality - what’s good it iwll be to open pubs and hotels now?
                    What’s your thoughts on dogging after lockdown ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

ah, the usual LOOB in here then.
                      carry on.

Comment

Working...
                      X