• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this really our plan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Lockdown isn't for the benefit of most individuals in lockdown, so its purpose is not for people to 'live risk free', and neither are people in lockdown living 'risk free'. It is a public health measure to benefit the population as a whole. Among other things, it allows essential workers to go out to work while keeping the progress of the disease in check.
    I know what it's for, but a lot of people don't and are doing a lot of complaining.

Comment

What lockdown anyway? Transport activity was at 40% since start of “lockdown”, new infections did not drop like it happened in Spain/Italy, despite higher deaths - “lockdown” was too late and not strict enough.

Comment

The plan is to get the daily death rate down to something resembling the flu - and keep it there...

Really is no other option in town - until we have a vaccine.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
          I know what it's for, but a lot of people don't and are doing a lot of complaining.
          If you know what it's for, why did you describe it as something that it isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
            The plan is to get the daily death rate down to something resembling the flu - and keep it there...

What's the daily death rate for the flu?

I've heard figures quoted for annual or seasonal, but never with sources quoted. So if you know the plan is to get down to a level, what is that level?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And the same for daily ICU bed occupancy and non-ICU bed occupancy?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                If anything we will have an extremely long period of a stagnated economy, no contact with friends and family, no holidays, no sports, more suicides, ........
                I've never heard anyone but Trump claim that the lockdown has increased suicides.

Comment

It’s much more contagious than flu and much deadlier - we are getting crazy deaths with “lockdown” and in warm weather - when flu isn’t a problem, now imagine flu season in a few months...

Comment

If you know what it's for, why did you describe it as something that it isn't?
                    Where did I do that ? I was having my whinge about people demanding to stay indoors safe when others are having to work to allow that. It's got nothing to do with my understanding of why the govt brought in a lockdown.

Comment

No they're not. That's just your fantasy to internally justify your woolly thinking. Most of the British population support the lockdown.
                      Really? Or is that just in your head?

People may follow the lockdown, but that's not the same as supporting the lockdown. Those on furlough pay with a safe job may be feeling fine, but those with little money coming in are not faring so well.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X