• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ways to beat coronavirus after lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ways to beat coronavirus after lockdown

“ Minimum spends could be brought in at shops to discourage short, frequent visits, and shopping trips could be allocated based on the first letter of people's surnames, the study says. People could bring their own tools, such as tongs, to pick up shopping, and use probes to press PIN numbers or use a finger joint, rather than fingertip, to touch objects.”

Shopping with tongs and keeping cats inside among ways to beat coronavirus after lockdown, study says

Oh no, how would that be enforced - ID check or credit card companies would help?

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    “ Minimum spends could be brought in at shops to discourage short, frequent visits, and shopping trips could be allocated based on the first letter of people's surnames, the study says. People could bring their own tools, such as tongs, to pick up shopping, and use probes to press PIN numbers or use a finger joint, rather than fingertip, to touch objects.”

Shopping with tongs and keeping cats inside among ways to beat coronavirus after lockdown, study says

Oh no, how would that be enforced - ID check or credit card companies would help?
    Mr Tong says he does not want to go shopping with you.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Daily Torygraph with loads of old bollocks written by interns copying tulip from the 'Net, they're getting worse than the Express....
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I find it odd that ATMs don’t do contactless. I can pay up to something like £250 in a shop with a double-click on my Apple Watch and a wave near the machine, yet to get the same amount out of a cash machine I have to touch it?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I find it odd that ATMs don’t do contactless. I can pay up to something like £250 in a shop with a double-click on my Apple Watch and a wave near the machine, yet to get the same amount out of a cash machine I have to touch it?
          True, but it's a few weeks now since I've used an ATM or paid with cash.

Comment

That's strange, all the ones around me allow contactless withdrawal. Are you ensuring that you make clear to the other person you have a gun?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              True, but it's a few weeks now since I've used an ATM or paid with cash.
              Same. I was already at the point where the only places I still used cash were the Chinese takeaway and the barber’s. Both are now closed, so the small amount of cash remaining in my wallet is completely useless

Comment

Same. I was already at the point where the only places I still used cash were the Chinese takeaway and the barber’s. Both are now closed, so the small amount of cash remaining in my wallet is completely useless

Much the same here I have a fiver in my wallet and it hasn't moved in a month. I normally draw £20-30 a week out for incidentals. Contactless has upped to £45 I think.

Limit for contactless spending to rise to GBP45 at beginning of April | Money | The Guardian
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Childcare place was the only place I used cash. Free banking (ATM withdrawals and card payments) largely doesn't exist in Ireland, but credit cared tap has no charge for me so I use that.

Comment

Get Nuttina to wear gloves?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X