• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the lockdown a bad idea?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Janter Effect View Post
    I'm surprised cycling is officially sanctioned to be honest when we're being told not to make unnecessary journeys by car because of potential RTAs putting extra strain on the emergency services.
    Because, in the main, cyclists don't cause many RTAs that require an NHS response. The majority of accidents that involve cyclists are caused by car/van/lorry drivers.

My road bike is worth the best part of £6k .... I look after it and treat it with respect and ride accordingly.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I’m wondering if Trump is right
      Hmmm, let's think about that for minute.

Comment

This is a bit of cross posting , but I just saw this - Bill Gates answers this question at (16:33) in this video.

Really compelling answer imo too.

YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          Knowing you, you will need significantly longer than a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            Just because Trump said something, doesn't mean it's wrong. It just probably is.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Trump only cares about himself and getting re-elected. That's why he's desperate for the economy to get going again (by Easter!), even if it risks thousands of lives.

Hopefully, one good thing to come out of this pandemic will be an end to populist twats like him.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                Trump only cares about himself and getting re-elected. That's why he's desperate for the economy to get going again (by Easter!), even if it risks thousands of lives.

Hopefully, one good thing to come out of this pandemic will be an end to populist twats like him.
                We all know what trump is like. The issues that caused USA to vote for trump will still be there when this is over. Simplistic populist twat responses aren’t going to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  The issues that caused USA to vote for trump will still be there when this is over.
                  You mean the issues that will never be fixed, no matter how many populist twats they elect.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Because, in the main, cyclists don't cause many RTAs that require an NHS response. The majority of accidents that involve cyclists are caused by car/van/lorry drivers.

My road bike is worth the best part of £6k .... I look after it and treat it with respect and ride accordingly.
                    However:

Southend-on-Sea Borough Council said police were investigating after a cyclist rode into a community safety patrol officer and broke his leg on Thursday.
                    The incident, which took place in Southend High Street, was captured on CCTV.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The local paper is saying cycling has been banned in Richmond Park from today.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X