• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Is the lockdown a bad idea?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Is the lockdown a bad idea?

    I’m wondering if Trump is right that the cure will be worse than the disease.

    We are probably looking at 18 months of intermittent lockdowns, if all goes well with developing a vaccine. Can our economies survive that long.

    Can people stay in lockdown for that long? How are people going to feel in a few months if rationing is introduced, drugs and medicine are going to be harder to get hold of.

    Should we let this pandemic run its course or will human ingenuity prevail?

    #2
    On balance, I think it's not a bad idea. https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-her-side.html
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

    Comment


      #3
      Definetly bad idea. That is posting at odd times of night - if you are bored stick to tpd or the insomnia thread. Or are you Dominic Cummins?

      Maybe we should carry on as before(wrecking the planet I might add) anyone who needs ICU treatment will just be given morphine so they can die peacefully - as the real issue here is NHS on its knees and lack of ICU.

      Now that would suit me fine. I think anyone who posts on CUK is mentally damaged - I am just more honest. A quiet painless death sounds bliss.

      But if someone I know or care about dies, I would be really angry.

      PS I might add that Boris could have picked an adviser who is worse. It could be the king of the cretins who has even less empathy.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Definetly bad idea. That is posting at odd times of night - if you are bored stick to tpd or the insomnia thread. Or are you Dominic Cummins?
        Dont really suffer from insomnia. I dont think its was an odd time to post. I did find the rest of your post a bit strange Brillo, are you ok? Give me a pm if you want to have a chat, it’s difficult times for everyone.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          On balance, I think it's not a bad idea. https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-her-side.html
          I agree it’s incredibly sad and have read the link. But if the economy tanks things will get a whole lot worse.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Dont really suffer from insomnia. I dont think its was an odd time to post. I did find the rest of your post a bit strange Brillo, are you ok? Give me a pm if you want to have a chat, it’s difficult times for everyone.
            Gosh. You were serious. How can you place money above people?

            When I get p1ssed off I become very unsociable - though thanks for the offer. The only thing that I really enjoy these days is helping people even more distressed than me become less distressed. I have quite a collection now.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              I agree it’s incredibly sad and have read the link. But if the economy tanks things will get a whole lot worse.
              Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Gosh. You were serious. How can you place money above people?
              Economy tanks means less wealth, less wealth means less money to spend on health care, less money to spend on health care means more people die.

              There's a balance to be struck.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

              Comment


                #8
                It's a sobering thought but...

                In terms of the country's finances, it probably would have had far less impact to compensate everyone, who dies of CV19 in their own home without visiting hospital, £1million*.

                200,000 deaths * £1million = £200 billion

                * ie. to the deceased's family
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

                Comment


                  #9
                  It's precautionary until the NHS has caught up then I should hope it'll be business as usual.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Economy tanks means less wealth, less wealth means less money to spend on health care, less money to spend on health care means more people die.

                    There's a balance to be struck.
                    What a load of nonsense. It is just a question of priorities.

                    Maybe you think it is fine that the super rich can carry on asbefore with no impact upon them.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X