• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the lockdown a bad idea?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like every officious arsehole in the area has donned dayglo leisure wear and headed out to the park to power walk about with stern "I AM HAVING MY ALLOWED EXERCISE DURING A PANDEMIC, KEEP TWO METERS BACK" looks on their face.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      It looks like every officious arsehole in the area has donned dayglo leisure wear and headed out to the park to power walk about with stern "I AM HAVING MY ALLOWED EXERCISE DURING A PANDEMIC, KEEP TWO METERS BACK" looks on their face.
      What colour is yours.

[emoji4]

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Because, in the main, cyclists don't cause many RTAs that require an NHS response. The majority of accidents that involve cyclists are caused by car/van/lorry drivers.

My road bike is worth the best part of £6k .... I look after it and treat it with respect and ride accordingly.
        I think that may be wishful thinking on your part. Don't get me wrong, I cycle myself, but plunging down steep, potholed country lanes, for example, sounds far riskier than a gentle pootle in the car out to a beauty spot to walk the dog, which is (apparently) not permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by The Janter Effect View Post
          I think that may be wishful thinking on your part. Don't get me wrong, I cycle myself, but plunging down steep, potholed country lanes, for example, sounds far riskier than a gentle pootle in the car out to a beauty spot to walk the dog, which is (apparently) not permitted.
          Some guy was boasting on Twatter that he felt so much better after his 45 mile bike ride
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

#Vodafone is now #Stay Home Vodafone.DE

The network name on my phone changed. Was it just a terminal in the data centre? 'Are you sure you wish to change the network name' Press enter to proceed...
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Some guy was boasting on Twatter that he felt so much better after his 45 mile bike ride
              Was it Wiggins? You gotta be pretty damn fit to do 45 miles in your allotted 1 hour

Comment

Originally posted by The Janter Effect View Post
                Was it Wiggins? You gotta be pretty damn fit to do 45 miles in your allotted 1 hour
                Where does this 1 hour come from?

Comment

It was said by (I think Gove, may have been Boris) but its not in the official guidance

Coronavirus outbreak FAQs: what you can and can't do - GOV.UK

But that said, they are saying only key workers to work at certain points, but if you read that, it clearly says - No, if you cant work from home, go to work on non essential tasks.

That's typical of the management of this whole thing though. I'd rather all (bar key workers).

Oh and following that - if you are with someone sick at work, if you help them - don't go home, just wash yer hands and get back to work, then go home and infect your family.

Guidance for employers and businesses on coronavirus (COVID-19) - GOV.UK

Crackerjack:

Comment

I noticed that the natives are getting restless as there are a lot more out walking and driving today.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The good old days

Back in the Good Old Days of IT , a certain company had a wizard marketing priniciple - FUD - meaning Fear Uncertainty and Doubt.

It worked wonders back then - and - dare I say it ? Seems just as effective nowadays.

Boya and Girls - do be ever so good since you cant be too careful nowadays.

PS I for one favour policies that reward the rich and punish the poor - I think.
                      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 2 April 2020, 18:35.

Comment

Working...
                      X