• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family's heartbreak as carer, 21, dies of coronavirus with boyfriend by her side

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Source? Her family stated she had no underlying health conditions. I would have expected them to mention asthma.
    The source is the original link provided in this thread.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      The source is the original link provided in this thread.
      So it is!

Sorry, I missed it because I’d already read about it on BBC News, which makes no mention of asthma

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I think more than half the country has underlying health conditions. Overweight being an obvious one... remember standing in passport queue a few month back arriving in Manchester... think there was a US flight before me, a few notability overweight folks in shorts n t-shirts, you get the picture, standing there wheezing waiting to be served. Felt like I was downwind. They're buggered if they get infected.
        The difference is though that being overweight, generally, doesn't kill you. Being grossly obese might, eventually, but not being overweight. On the other hand, about 1400 people in the UK each year die of an asthma attack. Unfortunately asthma (certainly for my generation) is often a bit of a joke, associated with the fat kid at school who wanted to get out of cross country, but it is still a killer.

Asthma is usually manageable, but add in a cold, flu, chest infection or, in this case Covid-19, and the sufferer could be in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          So it is!

Sorry, I missed it because I’d already read about it on BBC News, which makes no mention of asthma
          tbf, it is in the Mirror ..... I had to hold my nose before I opened the story and read it .... I needed a shower afterwards ..... the shame of reading the Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            tbf, it is in the Mirror ..... I had to hold my nose before I opened the story and read it .... I needed a shower afterwards ..... the shame of reading the Mirror
            You should keep it. If you have run out of toilet paper, and you have no DailyWail, it will suffice...

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              I think you are being a bit unfair on young people. I think most do understand.
              Nonsense. Swellin has applied all of her standard warped logic to this and concluded that it is all the fault of HMG. That's what a subscription to the Grauniad buys you.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Nonsense. Swellin has applied all of her standard warped logic to this and concluded that it is all the fault of HMG. That's what a subscription to the Grauniad buys you.

The Grauniad is free.

And they get Korbyn to write for them <shudder>

I prefer the stories in the Metro and local press around the UK more entertaining.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  The Grauniad is free.

And they get Korbyn to write for them <shudder>

I prefer the stories in the Metro and local press around the UK more entertaining.
                  The lifestyle articles are quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Indeed.

Especially the one about the woman who made a wooden leg for her husband out of a bucket, some fibre glass, and some wood.

Apparently the NHS wooden leg makers were busy.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Indeed.

Especially the one about the woman who made a wooden leg for her husband out of a bucket, some fibre glass, and some wood.

Apparently the NHS wooden leg makers were busy.
                      My wife would've just chopped my other leg to the same length. She's like that.

Never marry someone you meet on CUK...
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X