• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Family's heartbreak as carer, 21, dies of coronavirus with boyfriend by her side

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Family's heartbreak as carer, 21, dies of coronavirus with boyfriend by her side

    Man that's no age at all.

    I hope this is not an indication the health services are already overstretched as the number of cases continue to explode.



    Care home worker Chloe Middleton, from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, is thought to be the youngest British victim with no pre-existing healthcare problems

    A family have spoken of their heartbreak after a 21-year-old carer with no underlying health conditions died suddenly at home of Covid-19.


    “Beautiful and caring” Chloe Middleton is thought to be the youngest British victim with no pre-existing healthcare problems.


    Chloe was not in any of the high-risk groups for coronavirus, but was mildly asthmatic.


    She had been visited by ambulance crews in the early hours of Thursday morning suffering with breathing difficulties but was told to rest at home.


    However later that day she rapidly deteriorated.


    Another ambulance was called but never arrived, with overstretched medics explaining that she was not a priority.
    Family's heartbreak as carer, 21, dies of coronavirus with boyfriend by her side - Mirror Online
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

    #2
    It is awful, and hopefully a stark warning to younger people who think that if they catch corona they will be unaffected.

    Bigger worry is they will pass it on - and the number of people who will end up in ICU when the NHS is already at breaking point.

    Comment


      #3
      It may be an indication that triaging patients along the lines of young => less risk is a misguided approach. I’ve been seeing some stuff from various sources about the possibility that the current accepted wisdom that it’s mainly old people who are at serious risk is incorrect, being based on statistics from Wuhan that may have been skewed by the reporting methodology adopted, by demographics, or even just by statistical chance, and that younger people may not be less vulnerable after all.

      But I’m as much of an expert on these matters as any other contractor, i.e. not at all, so that might be rubbish

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        It may be an indication that triaging patients along the lines of young => less risk is a misguided approach. I’ve been seeing some stuff from various sources about the possibility that the current accepted wisdom that it’s mainly old people who are at serious risk is incorrect, being based on statistics from Wuhan that may have been skewed by the reporting methodology adopted, by demographics, or even just by statistical chance, and that younger people may not be less vulnerable after all.

        But I’m as much of an expert on these matters as any other contractor, i.e. not at all, so that might be rubbish
        In Wuhan they chucked everybody who had Covid-19 in hospital.

        Mostly old people and/or those with underlying conditions were the ones who died but their figures showed some healthy young people died as well.

        Problem is because of the UK government mantra that it is the old and vulnerable at risk, healthy young people in the UK have not understood this could kill them as well but just much less likely to. Healthy young people also don't understand that they could be a superspreader of the virus hence them not taking it seriously.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          It may be an indication that triaging patients along the lines of young => less risk is a misguided approach. I’ve been seeing some stuff from various sources about the possibility that the current accepted wisdom that it’s mainly old people who are at serious risk is incorrect, being based on statistics from Wuhan that may have been skewed by the reporting methodology adopted, by demographics, or even just by statistical chance, and that younger people may not be less vulnerable after all.

          But I’m as much of an expert on these matters as any other contractor, i.e. not at all, so that might be rubbish
          You mean blatant lies, like the Chinese claiming there was no evidence of human-to-human transmission?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            In Wuhan they chucked everybody who had Covid-19 in hospital.

            Mostly old people and/or those with underlying conditions were the ones who died but their figures showed some healthy young people died as well.

            Problem is because of the UK government mantra that it is the old and vulnerable at risk, healthy young people in the UK have not understood this could kill them as well but just much less likely to. Healthy young people also don't understand that they could be a superspreader of the virus hence them not taking it seriously.
            I think you are being a bit unfair on young people. I think most do understand.

            Comment


              #7
              So lets give the family £1million then they will be happy...

              <-- that should not be necessary but there we go.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                I think you are being a bit unfair on young people. I think most do understand.
                Then why are there people, mainly young men, walking around coughing on people? Or delibrately not giving people distance and smirking when it's noticed?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Then why are there people, mainly young men, walking around coughing on people? Or delibrately not giving people distance and smirking when it's noticed?
                  Because nobody has caved their skulls in yet.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Then why are there people, mainly young men, walking around coughing on people? Or delibrately not giving people distance and smirking when it's noticed?
                    A small percentage obviously think behaving like an idiot is a laugh. I don't think that's representative of a significant amount of young people though.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X