• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid-19: Eyes and ears on the ground reports... what isn't being reported?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 flights arrived yesterday into London from NY.

▪️ There was no social distancing on the plane
    ▪️ No checks when they arrived.
    ▪️ These passengers dispersed, many to the Tube.

Meanwhile police drones threaten sole walkers in the Peak District.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Meanwhile police drones threaten sole walkers in the Peak District.
      Welcome to the UK...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm no longer getting the updates from ex-ClientCo but I do know that PHE stopped arrivals checks some time ago. All airlines were instructed to give out information to the passengers. You also don't know what checks were conducted at the port of departure.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I'm no longer getting the updates from ex-ClientCo but I do know that PHE stopped arrivals checks some time ago. All airlines were instructed to give out information to the passengers. You also don't know what checks were conducted at the port of departure.
          it's lord hawhaw. don't confuse ersatz erik with facts.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            it's lord hawhaw. don't confuse ersatz erik with facts.
            Thus spake the glaikit...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              We don't have the ability to do this, we don't have the people to organise this and the view from the WHO and Lancet 9 weeks ago was that it was not really that contagious.
              How did Germany have the ability?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Meanwhile police drones threaten sole walkers in the Peak District

With hellfire missiles? The only way those ramblers will take heed!
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

full haus, faux fritz too.
                  aren't we lucky - not.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    How did Germany have the ability?
                    Who knows. You tell me. Are they outsourcing it privately? Probably.

Are Germans expected to drive 30 miles to get tested in a hospital car park? Probably not.

Are they hindered by a bunch of lunatic fanatics like us that start screaming about dismantling the NHS any time anyone questions how the system operates? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      We don't have the ability to do this, we don't have the people to organise this...
                      Totally agree with you, and it’s only taken 18 days for you to catch up:
                      https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2741964
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X