• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid-19: Eyes and ears on the ground reports... what isn't being reported?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    When you say "goes" you mean flounces?

ftfy
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
      Not so sure minestrone - this front line young doctor is hesitant to fully confirm it, but watch the last couple of minutes of this , from 9.40 (actually, I recommend the whole series, it's really interesting).

YouTube

It only runs to 3:53

But compelling viewing. These young doctors and other front line health workers really are an inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        When you say "goes" you mean flounces?
        Indeed. And usually with a promise never to return. Never seems way too short to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Isn't this the correct way to report the stats? Surely we should report death due to Covid-19 exactly as we do for Flu and other diseases? We should only be reporting deaths as a direct result of this virus, not just people who died but had the virus in their system.
          Indeed.

And today's tin hat theory is that should there be some form of come back on China and countries sue for damages the more cases you had the more money you get....

Comment

Originally posted by The Janter Effect View Post
            It only runs to 3:53

But compelling viewing. These young doctors and other front line health workers really are an inspiration.

I'm a massive numpty - I meant the end of this one:
            YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
              I'm a massive numpty - I meant the end of this one:
              YouTube
              Funny how that video simultaneously spreads the rumours while criticising other people for spreading the rumours.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Isn't this the correct way to report the stats? Surely we should report death due to Covid-19 exactly as we do for Flu and other diseases? We should only be reporting deaths as a direct result of this virus, not just people who died but had the virus in their system.
                Good question. We’re seeing a diversification of counting strategy.

I’m concerned that the government are implementing stats methodology that limits the true figures. As an example: we all know that Germany appears good now as they’re testing, testing, testing.

We are only testing hospital cases here. All the government has to do to show improvement is increase testing and gradually everything will appear better regardless.

If someone has mild asthma but dies from acquiring Covid19 I’d say they died of Covid19 personally and would want that recorded as such.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post

If someone has mild asthma but dies from acquiring Covid19 I’d say they died of Covid19 personally and would want that recorded as such.
                  Asthma is mild until someone has an asthma attack or other respiratory illness that hospitalises them.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Here we fookin go!

Colleague of wife has it, tested positive today. Wife has been off unwell this last week with hacking cough so its pretty much guaranteed she has it. Her work don't want her in. She has been on a list to get tested for like a week or more and nobody has called.

Its possible I have had it and it's just not had any effect.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Here we fookin go!

Colleague of wife has it, tested positive today. Wife has been off unwell this last week with hacking cough so its pretty much guaranteed she has it. Her work don't want her in. She has been on a list to get tested for like a week or more and nobody has called.

Its possible I have had it and it's just not had any effect.
                      Nope
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X