• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What shares are you buying now - if any?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were cash rich I'd probably just buy a broad cross-section which is what I do anyway. But I'm not so sadly I can't ameliorate my losses by buying more right now
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Buying health sector is an equally brave move. Spain is nationalising its private healthcare...
      Fookin Communists

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Fookin Communists
        This time next year the UK will be more communist that mother Russia as the treasury is forced to buy up half of the indebted UK Plc - with your money.

Just imagine if you voted in Corbyn
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Buying health sector is an equally brave move. Spain is nationalising its private healthcare...
          No it isn't. It is requisition private hospitals for the duration. Rather different.

Bluebird Bio (BLUE) are looking quite cheap at the mo. They've always been a bit of a gamble, but if it pays off will be very good return.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm pretty clueless about this stuff. Bores me to death. I might take advice from likes of Hargreaves Lansdowne but they're the ones who sold me the benefits of that Woodford thing that lost me about £4k. Maybe best to get into drug dealing or summit.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
              I've lost around the same. But actually if we don't have to sell now, it is an opportunity to make back more than we "lost", because we'll be able to switch our investments into shares that have gone down even more.
              Crisis = Opportunity.
              Surely the opportunity was to sell up, get all in cash, and then rebuy at bargain basement prices in however many months time?

Comment

I'm buying etf trackers for s&p 500 and FTSE 250.
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                  Surely the opportunity was to sell up, get all in cash, and then rebuy at bargain basement prices in however many months time?
                  Only if you time it right.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I had my isa across various index funds and panic sold them all yesterday at about 30% down

So don't worry guys now i've done that the market will fire back on all cylinders you'll be fine

Comment

No harm in buying a few solid companies like Verizon or AT&T but generally a bit early to wade in. This could be over by the end of April or it could go on for months. If it's over by the end of April, now's the time to get in, if not could get worse.

This is a lot harder to call than 2003 or 2008.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X