• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Santacide

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santacide

I thought we'd try something different this Christmas to amuse the children. We're going to try to catch Santa

I've got a claw trap that I can set up by the coffee table next to his mince pie and sherry. After the kids have gone to bed I'm going to leave a black boot and bits of red rag in it. We've got some fake blood left over from Halloween so I can squirt a trail of blood across the kitchen to the back door (we don't have a chimney and the floor is tiled so there's no stain risk).

My kids are only 4 and 5 so I wonder if I should put this idea on ice until they're a bit older. Any thoughts?

IMO very bad idea.

The closest we came was one halloween - twins aged 5 - as my wife was finishing dinner a witch came into the kitchen(kids sat at dining room table). My wife and the witch fought. The witch left with dinner, just leaving eyeball soup(made of peas) and some other stuff including blackberries(blood).

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      IMO very bad idea.

The closest we came was one halloween - twins aged 5 - as my wife was finishing dinner a witch came into the kitchen(kids sat at dining room table). My wife and the witch fought. The witch left with dinner, just leaving eyeball soup(made of peas) and some other stuff including blackberries(blood).
      And what was the kids reaction? Who was the witch?

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
        I thought we'd try something different this Christmas to amuse the children. We're going to try to catch Santa

I've got a claw trap that I can set up by the coffee table next to his mince pie and sherry. After the kids have gone to bed I'm going to leave a black boot and bits of red rag in it. We've got some fake blood left over from Halloween so I can squirt a trail of blood across the kitchen to the back door (we don't have a chimney and the floor is tiled so there's no stain risk).

My kids are only 4 and 5 so I wonder if I should put this idea on ice until they're a bit older. Any thoughts?
        As long as you don't post about it here, go right ahead.

Comment

Excellent. Halloween is much more fun than xmas. All this happy, peace, love, joy stuff, bah humbug. Still trying to think of an excuse not to go to a family do. I shall probably feign a heart attack.

Miserable old git.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

And what was the kids reaction? Who was the witch?
            Kitchen and dining room were seperate. I filmed from dining room. Kids could not see kitchen. They were bemused while the "fight" took place in the kitchen. They initially refused to touch the food - until I tasted it. They they thought it wasa huge laugh!

I still have the video and the twins - now nearly 18 - love it. Especially the bit where my wife says "the witch says eat iot or you will be turned into a toad" - which my daughter repeats with huge sincerity!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              As long as you don't post about it here, go right ahead.
              Why does it bother you?

Personally I would rather hear about this sort of topic. ANYTHING is better than sasguru encouraging misery and suffering among those who cant help their circumstances. Maybe if you stopped encouraging him he might stop? Actually, he probably wont......

Comment

IMO very bad idea.

Kitchen and dining room were seperate. I filmed from dining room. Kids could not see kitchen. They were bemused while the "fight" took place in the kitchen. They initially refused to touch the food - until I tasted it. They they thought it wasa huge laugh!

I still have the video and the twins - now nearly 18 - love it. Especially the bit where my wife says "the witch says eat iot or you will be turned into a toad" - which my daughter repeats with huge sincerity!
                Why does it bother you?

Personally I would rather hear about this sort of topic. ANYTHING is better than sasguru encouraging misery and suffering among those who cant help their circumstances. Maybe if you stopped encouraging him he might stop? Actually, he probably wont......
                The working class is so amusing.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

You have to do this while they're still young and gullible. You could also do a little test - leave a sack with their presents next to the trap. If they've more interest in that than the maiming of Santa, you know you've successfully raised a couple of mercenary bastards.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    You have to do this while they're still young and gullible. You could also do a little test - leave a sack with their presents next to the trap. If they've more interest in that than the maiming of Santa, you know you've successfully raised a couple of mercenary bastards.
                    lol

I think I can predict the likely outcome of that test and they've both got a long career in contracting ahead of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X