• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris proclaims himself King

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    I take it from this comment that your contracting career has not been as successful as some of us

Oh well, keep at it fella - you never know, after 31st October, your new British uplands might start to see you doing better with your life

Blimey you are worth £150 million and or have an annual income of about £500k like these gentlemen? I'm impressed! I hope NLyUK lets you expense those knee pads that is a lot of servicing sailors you had to do to get there.

I'm doing fine thanks but I'm happy in the top 10% of earners, not telling you where but more than enough to enjoy life I'm not the top 0.05% of earners and I doubt you are either.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      among other substances, yes

yep warty scum of the earth!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        yep warty scum of the earth!
        Ha ha ha .... someone got triggered
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Blimey you are worth £150 million and or have an annual income of about £500k like these gentlemen? I'm impressed! I hope NLyUK lets you expense those knee pads that is a lot of servicing sailors you had to do to get there.

I'm doing fine thanks but I'm happy in the top 10% of earners, not telling you where but more than enough to enjoy life I'm not the top 0.05% of earners and I doubt you are either.
          I said I was a millionaire, I didn't specify how many millions And, unlike those 2 guys, mine is 100% self made, having grown up in a council estate in the 70's

Wow, you're a top 10% earner .... you earn £53k a year ..... you must be a very successful contractor

No, i'm not 0.05% earner, but since contracting my rates have put me in top 1.5% . Most contractors I know doing similar roles earn the same rates. I'm not a code monkey, and no threats from offshoring. so my rats have held strong. I'm semi retired now, even though not 50 year old yet, but life is for living

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            among other substances, yes
            I thought my coffee tasted strange

Comment

I thought my coffee tasted strange
              It's probably the kool aid judging by the above

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 August 2019, 10:28.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Johnson is only the public face, the real king is the unelected Cummings..
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Johnson is only the public face, the real king is the unelected Cummings..
                  And Cummings is playing a blinder! He's backing the remainers into a corner; if they stop Boris before 31st Oct, a GE can be called and the angry leavers may back Boris (over the Brexit Party) and give him a chance of winning with a working Tory majority. It's the only way Boris/Tories have a chance of winning a GE any time soon.

If he isn't stopped before 31st Oct, then Cummings gets the hard Brexit his paymasters want. Cummings can't lose.

Comment

Any Tory MP who disagrees with Cummings is going to be deselected.

That's the UK's democracy under the far right, and it's just going to get furher reicht until the hardliners are appeased.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ha ha ha .... someone got triggered
                      At the moment leavers seem quite happy. It is the remoaners who have gone whining for mod protection. Poor little snowflakes.

Comment

Working...
                      X