• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

e-Residency for estonia (ability to work in EU post no-deal Brexit)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow! ur children ok with the decision?

Originally posted by molsang View Post
    I take your observation sportingly. I did not go to English Medium school, I went to state aided free school in India and I still found my skills in Math is far better than 99% of UK populace which probably helped me to do so well here financially. I admit my English is not good enough which my "MA in English" Wifey often points out but I am not bothered as it is good enough to do well in IT consulting work.

Thanks for your correction anyway

And that is the reason I am going back, I want my son to become stronger than me in Math. He was qualified in two Grammar schools, went to private school in South London for past six years and still we took him back to India in last December. He studied Indian math/science books all these years he is in England and he will survive and do well in the tough competition in India.
    your kids might have been used to live in UK with lots of local friends! r they ok to move to a country where the education system is totally different? and not to mention the caste issues while applying for universities and government jobs? unless you are loaded with huge money to put them in private college

Comment

Originally posted by RobScott View Post
      your kids might have been used to live in UK with lots of local friends! r they ok to move to a country where the education system is totally different? and not to mention the caste issues while applying for universities and government jobs? unless you are loaded with huge money to put them in private college
      They're made up, like everything else this sockie says.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

They are still young and I don't want to delay until it is too late. Because I knew some Indians they regret why they didn't return to India when their children were young. My children and family are already back in December, my wife was unsure in past but now she doesn't want to come back to UK and counting days when I will be back.

I have done preparations before I decided to return. The children studied Indian math and science books past three years so they don't struggle, they have now gone passed admission tests and will start new academic session from June.
        Last edited by molsang; 5 February 2019, 20:34.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          I still have trouble with people that say "I'm after going to the shop".
          I had a German colleague who was saying things like that after 6 months on a project in Cork.

Molsang is a prat.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

fair enough but...

They are still young and I don't want to delay until it is too late. Because I knew some Indians they regret why they didn't return to India when their children were young. My children and family are already back in December, my wife was unsure in past but now she doesn't want to come back to UK and counting days when I will be back.

I have done preparations before I decided to return. The children studied Indian math and science books past three years so they don't struggle, they have now gone passed admission tests and will start new academic session from June.
            but the irony is many Indians kids want to go abroad like USA/UK/EU countries(overcoming language barrier)/other asian countries like China/Singapore .... they want to do PG and try for job there! so not sure your decision would be appreciated by your kids in future! In the next 10 years, India would have added additional 200million people! plus, the current economic growth of the last 15 years was mainly due to IT Outsourcing and the growth will be flat in future... no more western IT Gravy train!

Comment

but the irony is many Indians kids want to go abroad like USA/UK/EU countries(overcoming language barrier)/other asian countries like China/Singapore .... they want to do PG and try for job there! so not sure your decision would be appreciated by your kids in future! In the next 10 years, India would have added additional 200million people! plus, the current economic growth of the last 15 years was mainly due to IT Outsourcing and the growth will be flat in future... no more western IT Gravy train!

No you might not know what is going on in Bengaluru (formerly known as Bangalore)? There is digital industrial revolution happening, massive numbers of startups doing very good businesses. In UK we have only Amazon, in India like China's Alibaba there are Indian Amazon companies Flipkart and Snapdeal beating Amazon in it's own business. There are global r&d centre of German car manufacturers, American blue Chip companies in Bengaluru plus there are Indian space research organization and Russian fighter jets defense manufacturing bases are in Bengaluru. I want my children to go through real competition so took them back. UK schools are too easy to be ready for life, A level math and science are three years behind. My son's English origin math private tutor admitted that when I produced the syllabus and indian books. My son qualified for two grammar schools, I took him back regardless and he will thank me in future for this brave decision I made.

IT outsourcing is small piece of pie and young kids they don't want to come to IT because lots more opportunities are there for them. America still have impact on Indian psyche, I am not sure about UK.

Indians look at China as their immediate rival and America in near future rival. We love to think UK has big impact outside England, truth is harsh.
              Last edited by molsang; 5 February 2019, 21:16.

Comment

hope ur plan goes well...

No you might not know what is going on in Bengaluru (formerly known as Bangalore)? There is digital industrial revolution happening, massive numbers of startups doing very good businesses. In UK we have only Amazon, in India like China's Alibaba there are Indian Amazon companies Flipkart and Snapdeal beating Amazon in it's own business. There are global r&d centre of German car manufacturers, American blue Chip companies in Bengaluru plus there are Indian space research organization and Russian fighter jets defense manufacturing bases are in Bengaluru. I want my children to go through real competition so took them back. UK schools are too easy to be ready for life, A level math and science are three years behind. My son's English origin math private tutor admitted that when I produced the syllabus and indian books. My son qualified for two grammar schools, I took him back regardless and he will thank me in future for this brave decision I made.

IT outsourcing is small piece of pie and young kids they don't want to come to IT because lots more opportunities are there for them. America still have impact on Indian psyche, I am not sure about UK.

Indians look at China as their immediate rival and America in near future rival. We love to think UK has big impact outside England, truth is harsh.
                hope your plan works as expected... all the best

Comment

hope your plan works as expected... all the best
                  Thank you.

And I can retire in the age of 42, I will not have concerns of money but if I stay back even with back to back contract I will not be able to retire early in UK. Therefore return to India is thoughtful and well planned and well executed decision. Rest future will tell....
                  Last edited by molsang; 5 February 2019, 21:32.

Comment

Okay I reduce it to 95% if not 99% lol
                    You don’t know. You’re just guessing. That makes you not very good at maths, as maths is a discipline that requires absolute proof.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      You don’t know. You’re just guessing. That makes you not very good at maths, as maths is a discipline that requires absolute proof.
                      I tried to do some pat on the back of a thick ignorant. I know who I am, I am not looking for anyone's approval here.

Comment

Working...
                      X