• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Return to Home country and future plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Thank you for contributing to the success of the British economy, but I think you are going at the wrong moment. Post Brexit things will get even better here

Comment

Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
        An immigrant myself. Used to call myself indian but not any more - rather, I am from one of india's own unwilling colonies.

Britain gave me a safe place, opportunity, fairness, and hope for which I am grateful.
        My personal values align with the values of this country (or what I learnt of them as I did pass the citizenship test).

The idea of the EU single market had appealed to me, so had voted remain.

But now that it seems to be heading for some turbulent times, I feel a duty to stand by this country.
        Its just that the IT career has caused a lot of burnout. I wish I could afford to buy a small fully self-sustained farm with a hut somewhere away from cities.
        And I don't know what I should go 'back' to either. As such, I am sure Britain will emerge stronger and better, but, next few years are likely to be uncertain.

(By safe, I do not mean I was an asylum seeker despite coming from a millitarised conflict area - I came here on a highly skilled visa and later naturalised. It has been a long journey)
        Well done mate and welcome to the UK.

We'll have a tough few years ahead of us but it'll be worth it in the long run!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
          Its just that the IT career has caused a lot of burnout. I wish I could afford to buy a small fully self-sustained farm with a hut somewhere away from cities.
          Hang tight. Once the EU subsidies stop farms will be cheap.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by molsang View Post
            Money is tempting in new start-ups companies in Bengaluru
            They should invest in sanitation and water treatment plants rather than high caste IT startups. Last year I was in Kolkata and did a trip up the Brahmaputra and although some of the scenery was magnificent the general cleanliness and pollution left much to be desired

Comment

-- I have a fixed date in mind by 31st Mar 2019, I will be back to India. That will be end of ten years freelancing in UK. Family is already back, well settled. Anyone else having same plan?

I'd conversations few of my ex-colleagues and 95% of them want to return back to India at some stage.

Money is tempting in new start-ups companies in Bengaluru
              Would be handy if a few more had the same idea to make room for us Brits that may have to return around the time you plan to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                Thank you for contributing to the success of the British economy, but I think you are going at the wrong moment. Post Brexit things will get even better here
                Somebody advised me do six months contract in UK/EU in Summer timer and enjoy with family in India in Winter and go for vacations in school holidays across India and South East Asia/OZ/Kiwi etc. I know atleast two guys who are living this lifestyle.

Any comments?

Comment

Somebody advised me do six months contract in UK/EU in Summer timer and enjoy with family in India in Winter and go for vacations in school holidays across India and South East Asia/OZ/Kiwi etc. I know atleast two guys who are living this lifestyle.

Any comments?
                  Go for it.. As soon as possible please...
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Any comments?
                    Okay now you are just trolling. Is this a gittinsgal sockie?
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Go for it.. As soon as possible please...
                      Unfortunately can't leave the contract in middle, have to finish and then go

Comment

Working...
                      X