• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thailand caves rescue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they remember the coach?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
      Did they remember the coach?
      you mean the daft sod that nearly got them all killed?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Everybody out with life and limb intact. Except for the poor diver who ran out of air of course.
        And whilst the coach undoubtedly got them into the situation, I think it's great that he made sure he was the last one out!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotslaw View Post
          Everybody out with life and limb intact. Except for the poor diver who ran out of air of course.
          And whilst the coach undoubtedly got them into the situation, I think it's great that he made sure he was the last one out!
          errr. I'm not so sure he had a choice about that (the coach). Loco Parentis and all that.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

He is almost certainly responsible for them all making it out alive even if he got them into it. I think his efforts over two weeks make up for a slip in judgement or lack of knowledge.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Scotslaw View Post
              Not just that, someone helped keep the lads together and calm until they were found. The coach may be a daft sod but let's not be too disingenuous!
              Last edited by Zigenare; 10 July 2018, 13:12. Reason: d000gh got there first. Fairplay
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Not just that, someone helped keep the lads together and calm until they were found. The coach may be a daft sod but let's not be too disingenuous!
                I's possible we may never know, but it may just be that the coach's actions may have save the boys from being swept away in the first place. Don't forget, it takes a hell of a bunch of balls to keep eleven 12 year olds sane for 10 minutes, let alone 2 weeks, and under that pressure? He needs saluting, not chastising...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  I's possible we may never know, but it may just be that the coach's actions may have save the boys from being swept away in the first place. Don't forget, it takes a hell of a bunch of balls to keep eleven 12 year olds sane for 10 minutes, let alone 2 weeks, and under that pressure? He needs saluting, not chastising...
                  Agreed. He was 25, barely more than a kid.

My daughter's 25, and her life ends if she loses her iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Agreed. He was 25, barely more than a kid.

My daughter's 25, and her life ends if she loses her iPhone.
                    I think I see a clue...
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

What a great result.
                      I can see Hollywood making a film about this.

Comment

Working...
                      X