• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any mechanics around?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
    Yes but Ive plenty of time on my hands now unlike those still engaged in the daily slog!

Although I doubt brillo has, it never ceases to amaze me the number of people who misfuel their car. Potential Darwin winners if you ask me.
    No one would normally ask you. You can't even tell the difference between a parody thread and a normal one.

Comment

Call the AA. You need to stop drinking.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Get a long straw, stick it up your bum, fart into the tank, and the gases reliably turn diesel into petrol, so I've been told.

Comment

it never ceases to amaze me the number of people who misfuel their car. Potential Darwin winners if you ask me.
          Bremainers more likely
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I thought there was plans to alter the shape of the fuel nozzle so it will only fit that type of car?

Actually a sensor would be better, anyone trying to put in the wrong fuel should trigger a loud alarm 'Stupid w4nker alerrrrrrrt'.

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
              I thought there was plans to alter the shape of the fuel nozzle so it will only fit that type of car?

Actually a sensor would be better, anyone trying to put in the wrong fuel should trigger a loud alarm 'Stupid w4nker alerrrrrrrt'.
              Nice idea!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                Get a long straw, stick it up your bum, fart into the tank, and the gases reliably turn diesel into petrol, so I've been told.
                He can't do that 'till he gets his head out of the way

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  However fuel is fuel right?

Anyway, I am not sure what to do next. Any ideas?
                  Get a Tesla....

Comment

I did this in my old mk2 Golf (petrol) 15 years ago I was in a hurry and the pumps were both black (not green/black for petrol/diesel) so like a div I stuck in diesel and off I went. After 10 mins it would judder and then conk out.

Gave it 5-10 mins it would start up and run okay but 15 mins later same thing would happen. Did this a number of times before I realised what I had done!

Added more petrol and it did conked out once more then ran sweet after that.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

people who misfuel their car. Potential Darwin winners if you ask me.
                      you misunderstand the Darwin award
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X