• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

chancellor-will-create-crisis-self-employed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    chancellor-will-create-crisis-self-employed

    https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...employed-if-he

    get to twitter people - do or die

    https://twitter.com/CentralLobby/sta...36160924168192

    #2
    I don't reckon he has the bottle to risk another budget change that may blow up in his face and have to be reversed like last time.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      I don't reckon he has the bottle to risk another budget change that may blow up in his face and have to be reversed like last time.
      Bottle? Try intelligence or integrity.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I don't reckon he has the bottle to risk another budget change that may blow up in his face and have to be reversed like last time.
        If he implements the Taylor report there is no need for this mess.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

        Comment


          #5
          agreed

          Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Bottle? Try intelligence or integrity.
          Willing to kill our industry for the same amount of tax gain he has already promised to put in Electric car charging points that no one uses !!!!!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by tarbera View Post
            Willing to kill our industry for the same amount of tax gain he has already promised to put in Electric car charging points that no one uses !!!!!
            Not all contractors on this site are IT contractors. There are those in construction and engineering on this site as well.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by tarbera View Post
              Willing to kill our industry for the same amount of tax gain he has already promised to put in Electric car charging points that no one uses !!!!!
              Not only that but there will be far fewer able to afford a Tesla if he does it!
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                I don't reckon he has the bottle to risk another budget change that may blow up in his face and have to be reversed like last time.
                Don't be silly, after the snap election to mop up dozens of seats and create an unassailable majority the Tories are strong enough to do anything they wish.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

                Comment


                  #9
                  I am finding this all a little concerning that too many of you expect the chancellor to continue to subsidise your clients by giving us a tax loophole. I think its time to take a seat and think about it for a moment.

                  If you are required to pay roughly 44% tax and save at least 30% of your turnover to protect you from sudden bench times then thats down to you as a business owner to set a sensible day rate. The market is now awash with idiots that think 500 a day is the going rate to be a senior contributor to xyzzy project and that needs to stop.

                  Fact is most of you have fallen for rates far bellow what most clients will pay and at worst have been feeding agents that are making 20 - 40% off your nativity

                  If we have to go thought a bloodbath to shove most of you back into full time employment then thats the right course of action

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    I am finding this all a little concerning that too many of you expect the chancellor to continue to subsidise your clients by giving us a tax loophole. I think its time to take a seat and think about it for a moment.

                    If you are required to pay roughly 44% tax and save at least 30% of your turnover to protect you from sudden bench times then thats down to you as a business owner to set a sensible day rate. The market is now awash with idiots that think 500 a day is the going rate to be a senior contributor to xyzzy project and that needs to stop.

                    Fact is most of you have fallen for rates far bellow what most clients will pay and at worst have been feeding agents that are making 20 - 40% off your nativity

                    If we have to go thought a bloodbath to shove most of you back into full time employment then thats the right course of action
                    From the OP: -
                    extending the IR35 changes to the private sector would almost certainly not achieve the Government’s professed aim: tackling disguised self-employment. If the Government was serious about tackling this problem, it would introduce a statutory definition of self-employment to clear the confusion about employment status once and for all.

                    You seem happy to blast almost everyone on CUK. As your determination of who is caught and who is not is correct.

                    You might well find that HMRC will persecute the "innocent" and leave the "guilty".

                    Be very careful what you woish for - it may come true.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X