• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

November Budget - Stop Public sector IR35 rules coming into the Private sector

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well done

Well Done Everyone and god bless IPSE !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      No.

MoO = does the client have to offer work, and do you have to accept it.
      This is further work when the current piece of work you are obliged to complete has come to an end.

Having a day off or the client furlough etc is not the same.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
        Well Done Everyone and god bless IPSE !!!!
        Not sure about god but they've certainly been doing work on this recently.

Comment

Originally posted by poorautojobber View Post
          Not sure about god but they've certainly been doing work on this recently.
          Indeed they have, definitely credit where credits due and I have been critical in the past

The press attention they attracted was definitely beneficial IMO.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

An extra 90,000 tax when I buy a house - so maybe I'll have to do another contract after all.

( Workings - 5000 stamp duty, 95 percent mortgage means prices up 100,000 tax at 50 percent, so now pay 100,000 minus 10,000 = 90,000 extra)

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
              An extra 90,000 tax when I buy a house - so maybe I'll have to do another contract after all.

( Workings - 5000 stamp duty, 95 percent mortgage means prices up 100,000 tax at 50 percent, so now pay 100,000 minus 10,000 = 90,000 extra)
              House prices are determined by how much you can borrow - this stamp duty change isn’t going to result in a £95,000 increase in house prices.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                House prices are determined by how much you can borrow - this stamp duty change isn’t going to result in a £95,000 increase in house prices.

Can't you still get a 95 percent mortgage?

That's how I got from a 5000 stamp duty decrease to a 100,000 price increase.

Comment

Being able to put another £5k towards a deposit doesn't mean you can afford to borrow another £95k though does it?

Comment

Mortgages are based on your income and ability to repay and have nothing to do with any deposit you have.

Mortgage rates are then based on risk and the more equity you put into the property the lower the risk and the lower the interest rate
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Have you been drinking??

Comment

Working...
                      X