• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3rd world NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NHS needs to be an insurance-based system like in most of Europe.
    Unfortunately because of the decline in IQ in the UK, there are are now more cretins than clever people.
    This leads to contradictions such as "Don't touch our NHS" but "Lets get rid of all foreigners" (which would collapse the NHS), "Money doesn't grow on trees" but "I deserve to have unlimited free treatment on the NHS" etc etc.

It comes from being an infantile society - I blame the nanny, welfare state.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Unfortunately because of the decline in IQ in the UK, there are are now more cretins than clever people.
      This leads to contradictions such as "Don't touch our NHS" but "Lets get rid of all foreigners" (which would collapse the NHS), "Money doesn't grow on trees" but "I deserve to have unlimited free treatment on the NHS" etc etc.

Indeed there is a point because in Germany when the population of an area increases hospitals and doctors simply "appear" in the same way supermarkets do. It doesn't matter how rapid the population of London grows no-one has ever complained they couldn't get an appointment at the supermarket to buy their groceries or a shortage of taxis.
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 6 November 2017, 12:37.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

I do wonder what Nye Bevan would make of the current system where everyone appears to demand cosmetic surgery and anything else upon demand.

For a start I suspect IVF would be banned.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I do wonder what Nye Bevan would make of the current system where everyone appears to demand cosmetic surgery and anything else upon demand.
          People can demand cosmetic surgery but they don't routinely get it.

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/cosmet...n-the-NHS.aspx

For a start I suspect IVF would be banned.
          Infertility is a health problem, so it's reasonable that a health service should treat it.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Maybe but difficult to take anyone seriously that uses terms like 'sub 3rd world' and the like. The same people that say that tend to put every public sector service in as a job lot and akin them to something else as daft. Hardly a stable platform for discussion.
            I have had medical treatment in the 3rd world, it was better than the equivalent in the NHS.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I think this is factual description of the NHS.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Infertility is a health problem, so it's reasonable that a health service should treat it.
              The world is already over populated. There are not enough people adopting or fostering.

Comment

People can demand cosmetic surgery but they don't routinely get it.

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/cosmet...n-the-NHS.aspx

It is simple to pick on treatment for problems that may be caused by other NHS treatment e.g. cancer.

After all it is only fair that child and teenager cancer survivors don't get fertility treatment and cosmetic surgery where needed.

May as well of let them die from cancer.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The world is already over populated.
                  That's an argument for stopping the treatment of cancer and road traffic accident injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                    I have had medical treatment in the 3rd world, thankfully I hit lucky and I got what I paid for .

I hate to burst your bubble, but I think this is factual description of the NHS.
                    FTFY HTH BIDI...

While you may not like the NHS, its better than a lot of the alternatives....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

That's an argument for stopping the treatment of cancer and road traffic accident injuries.
                      No. People already in existence should get total attention. As should any foetus over 13 weeks old.

Comment

Working...
                      X