• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tricky Situation..but I am happy to be in.!! Any advice highly appreciated...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    Checked rate & signed. read other clauses after Offer-2
    So that is a NO then.

Then accept offer one and be done with it.

Journey to Clientco shouldn't be a consideration in your case.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Checked rate & signed. read other clauses after Offer-2
      So really you are just a pretend contractor then?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I held SC before
        If it has epired( e.g. more than 1 year without use) then you need to fill out all the forms again, but it is quicker. Was 3 weeks for a renewal, I guess the same in your situation, my original/first one took about 3 months.

Whats the notice period on offer-2 ?

Comment

Normally I check contracts line by line. I was so happy with Offer-1 at that time after many month's bench, so blindly signed it. Never thought to be in a sitn like this.
          Well you don't have much choice now do you. You've signed it, so there's no way out without potential legal problems.

If you're worried about SC dragging on and need some income, accept the other offer, negotiate as short a notice period as you can and then give that notice period when you're due to start at the first one.

It's not what I'd do, but then I'd have read the ******* contract before signing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairlocks View Post
            If it has epired( e.g. more than 1 year without use) then you need to fill out all the forms again, but it is quicker. Was 3 weeks for a renewal, I guess the same in your situation, my original/first one took about 3 months.

My first Clarence took few months 6/7 years ago. But was allowed to be in after BC, so was not affected. This time can start only after SC done. agent says in will take up to 4 weeks only these days

waiting for paperwork of Offer-2...I will surely check notice terms this time.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
              Well you don't have much choice now do you. You've signed it, so there's no way out without potential legal problems.

If you're worried about SC dragging on and need some income, accept the other offer, negotiate as short a notice period as you can and then give that notice period when you're due to start at the first one.

It's not what I'd do, but then I'd have read the ******* contract before signing it.
              What if they couldn't get SC process completed within the contract start date..? If so contract is null after that right..?
              Last edited by Darren_Test; 20 September 2017, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairlocks View Post

mine was completed 5 year SC term

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  So really you are just a pretend contractor then?
                  As I said I normally check contract line by line. This time it was bit of oversight

Comment

What if agent couldn't get SC process completed within the contract date..? If so contract is null after that right..?
                    The agent doesn't do the SC. He cannot. It's the client.
                    The agent can gather the information but there's no way in hell I'd share information like that with a damn recruitment agent.
                    And I cannot believe a genuine SC sponsor client would allow the agent to gather that information on their behalf.

This is smelling more and more.

EDIT: Is this the agencies new strategy to get the 2 references ......
                    Last edited by Lance; 20 September 2017, 14:25.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      great. Your point?
                      reply to this..

How big was the form you filled in?
                      What sort of detail did it ask about your family?
                      What ID did you provide?

Comment

Working...
                      X