• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tricky Situation..but I am happy to be in.!! Any advice highly appreciated...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    As I said I normally check contract line by line. This time it was bit of oversight
    Don't want to be rude but after reading your posts over the last few months I'd question if you know enough about contract law and IR35 for this approach to be if an use whatsoever.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      The agent doesn't do the SC. He cannot. It's the client.
      The agent can gather the information but there's no way in hell I'd share information like that with a damn recruitment agent.
      And I cannot believe a genuine SC sponsor client would allow the agent to gather that information on their behalf.

This is smelling more and more.
      i didn't say agent did SC..

Agent just gave me link where the process to be done. As I said I am fully aware of SC process as I done it before.

Comment

i didn't say agent did SC..
        See your quote below.

What if agent couldn't get SC process completed within the contract date..? If so contract is null after that right..?
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

At the moment My plan is to sign Offer-2 contract as well, this time I will read it properly and ensure it got 2 weeks notice clause.

Join Offer-2 if they get me in office first, keep looking for SC update. Once it is cleared give notice and join back @ offer-1.

If SC delayed beyond agreed start date, give notice to offer-1 agency saying breach of contract ( there is a clause for that)

Comment

At the moment My plan is to sign Offer-2 contract as well, this time I will read it properly and ensure it got 2 weeks notice clause.

Join Offer-2 if they get me in office first, keep looking for SC update. Once it is cleared give notice and join back @ offer-1.

If SC delayed beyond agreed start date, give notice to offer-1 agency saying breach of contract ( there is a clause for that)
            Did anyone suggest that option?

You really haven't got a clue how to be a contractor have you?
            Last edited by northernladuk; 20 September 2017, 14:49.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Did anyone suggest that option?

You really haven't got a clue how to be a contractor have you?
              This looks to be only safe option & fair to all parties involved

Comment

This looks to be only safe option & fair to all parties involved
                Safe? Fair? You plan on starting gigs with the desire to shafts your clients and leave in a week or two and deal with any breach problems at the time? What's fair and safe about this from a clients and agents perspective?

Ohhhhhh hang on. You were trolling me then weren't you.. Lol good one. Nearly got me thinking you were serious. Nice one.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 20 September 2017, 14:59.

Comment

Responses in an envelope posted through the letter box please.
                  What kind of envelope?

Comment

Don't want to be rude
                    No, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      What kind of envelope?
                      A gummy one. I'm used to that.

Comment

Working...
                      X