• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Viewing a house you can't afford = well would you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A house has just come on the market near to me that I absolutely love. I already knew about the house, it's an incredible example of a modernist home, in fact I drove up to it as close as I could to see it from the outside, and I would love to see it properly in the flesh to see how the layout works. Also the interior design is key so would love to see that too.

Anyway, I registered for a viewing and have been contacted to arrange a time, but now I'm getting cold feet\feelings of guilt as I've no intention of buying it as I can't afford it, and hence will take a viewing slot and be wasting their time. Having said that I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had the £795k.

So, would you view a house you can't afford?

Originally posted by gables View Post
    A house has just come on the market near to me that I absolutely love. I already knew about the house, it's an incredible example of a modernist home, in fact I drove up to it as close as I could to see it from the outside, and I would love to see it properly in the flesh to see how the layout works. Also the interior design is key so would love to see that too.

Anyway, I registered for a viewing and have been contacted to arrange a time, but now I'm getting cold feet\feelings of guilt as I've no intention of buying it as I can't afford it, and hence will take a viewing slot and be wasting their time. Having said that I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had the £795k.

I wouldn't bother personally, but I think you should (given your level of interest in the house). This really isn't that much of a moral quandary.

Comment

One bed flat in London?
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

If they have an open day, bung psychocandy and his family a ton to hang around the front gate for the duration.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          One bed flat in London?
          The whole of North Wales?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            One bed flat in London?
            Nope this Bernat Klein designed by Peter Womersly

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              The whole of North Wales?
              It's not that cheap

Comment

Nope this Bernat Klein designed by Peter Womersly
                Yuk! Each to their own!

This is more my kind of thing:

Orcheston, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP3
                http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-60905806.html
                Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 22 August 2017, 12:37.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Has it got room to park a bike?
                  Does it come with an ex wife? (OK, maybe repeating myself there)
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Never.

Comment

Working...
                    X