• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Viewing a house you can't afford = well would you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    For that kind of money you could have this:
    https://lc.zoocdn.com/d595e07d29a3de...822c321ae3.pdf

Or this:
    https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/de...1QDQBPhUOjg.97

(Which we looked at 8 years ago but we found a better option. I see the current owners have added a "family room" on the end)
    Nope, they really don't do it for me anymore, and as Owly says not really near me.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      If I was based in Lowland Scotland and maybe contracting in Edinburgh or Glasgow I'd seriously consider this place Old Harehope, just down the road from Selkirk, and set in its own Forestry Commission forest, five miles from the nearest house, six miles from the nearest town (Peebles) but only 20 miles from Edinburgh.

Mind you it may be a bit small for a family, and its cottagey style is very different to that giant bungalow-cum-school-annexe you like. So I doubt it would appeal to you.
      Cracking location, especially as I bike a lot up that way, Peebles is nice town one, on par with where I live..

Kids have left so not looking for a family home as such, but as you say the cottage style isn't for me anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
        That's what I want to do, but got all guilt ridden about wasting people's time hence this thread :-)
        You're worried about wasting peoples time yet you still post on here...?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Nope this Bernat Klein designed by Peter Womersly
          That looks familiar...didn't it pop up on an episode of Grand Designs a few years ago?

Can't say its my cup of tea. For some reason the outside reminds me of a 40 year old school building.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            My 1970s-built primary school called and it wants its roof back.
            Phew, its not just me then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              You're worried about wasting peoples time yet you still post on here...?
              touché

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                That looks familiar...didn't it pop up on an episode of Grand Designs a few years ago?

Can't say its my cup of tea. For some reason the outside reminds me of a 40 year old school building.
                It might have as a reference building, as a few years ago Grand Designs featured the building of house just south of Pathhead, which is this building Grand Designs house in Pathhead on the market for £1m | Daily Mail Online which ironically I'm not that keen on.

Comment

It might have as a reference building
                  Yes, it wasn't the actual build, it was one of those bits where Kevin goes walking about something similar to the project.

Comment

Anyway, I registered for a viewing and have been contacted to arrange a time, but now I'm getting cold feet\feelings of guilt as I've no intention of buying it as I can't afford it, and hence will take a viewing slot and be wasting their time. Having said that I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had the £795k.
                    Something like this may be more in your price range....

Comment

Looks like a 1960s telephone exchange.

Not my cup of tea at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X