• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You need to open your eyes man.

Perhaps a better way of saying,, show me the charts and I'll tell you the news, rather than the word prediction.
    Based on the charts, where will the markets be (ballpark figure) at the end of the year?

...................Current...........31 Dec 2020
    BTC................$10k...................?
    Gold...............$1570..................?
    Nasdaq............9700...................?
    Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 11 February 2020, 15:54.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      Based on the charts, where will the markets be (ballpark figure) at the end of the year?

...................Current...........31 Dec 2020
      BTC................$10k................... $20k (could go a lot higher in the summer)
      Gold...............$1570..................$1200 or lower... depends how fast dollars flow back into the US when the recession hits.
      Nasdaq............9700................... 3700 - 4500 somewhere in between. Fascinating chart on the monthly, bearish AF

Ohh a challenge... (Ps... I don't try to time the markets, trends interest me more and I ride them whichever direction the chart indicates regardless of time). Dates are an awful thing, nature gets in the way.

Nasdaq chart is the most fascinating, has a potential for 50-60% correction. Never examined the Index before today, thanks. Rising wedge pattern should scare the of any baby boomer thinking their retirement is safe.

According to the index the net worth of Facebook + Apple + Amazon = Germany's GDP
      If you believe the third largest manufacturing exporter in the world is equivalent a social media advertising platform, a reseller, & computer company then... then just carry on, have a happy brexit etc. Nothing to see here. Alles ist gut, zu dem Mond!
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

According to the index the net worth of Facebook + Apple + Amazon = Germany's GDP
        If you believe the third largest manufacturing exporter in the world is equivalent a social media advertising platform, a reseller, & computer company then... then just carry on, have a happy brexit etc. Nothing to see here. Alles ist gut, zu dem Mond!
        Impressive stupidity, the comparison of a country's yearly output vs. market value of a bag of companies which prices in their assets, reach and future earnings.

Comment

Scooter - Here we go. We're gonna be rich ;-)
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

...I don't try to time the markets, trends interest me more and I ride them whichever direction the chart indicates regardless of time.
            If you're a trend follower, then here's what I see in the charts.

BTC - uptrend since it turned up @ 6500 in Dec 19
            Gold - uptrend since it turned up @ 1200 in Aug 18
            Nasdaq - uptrend since it turned up @ 6300 in Dec 18 (we could be heading into blow-off top territory but no-one knows)

Of all three, Nasdaq (likewise S&P 500, DJIA) is most vulnerable to a bear market having been in the longest bull market in history.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Gold is an excellent hedge against inflation. It sucks against currency debasement, however. I don't know why it does not react more positively against money printing. Since 2012 when money printing went out of control Gold has only lost value.
              Could it be that most investment into gold is through investment instruments that don't actually hold any gold, so it's paper gold not physically backed. Therefore the real gold price is unaffected by the majority of gold investments.

i.e. like bitcoins where you don't own it if you don't have the wallet it resides in, you don't own gold unless it's physical and in your possession rather than some bullion vault the government can easily raid if it's not already actually bare.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Scooter - Here we go. We're gonna be rich ;-)
                Define rich

Comment

Ohh a challenge... (Ps... I don't try to time the markets, trends interest me more and I ride them whichever direction the chart indicates regardless of time).
                  So you follow the second derivative, in the belief/hope that it isn't chaotic.

Jolly good.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    So you follow the second derivative, in the belief/hope that it isn't chaotic.

Jolly good.
                    Trend is first derivative, no?

Comment

According to the index the net worth of Facebook + Apple + Amazon = Germany's stock market
                      I meant to say Germany's Stock Market, not GDP.

That's utterly insane.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X