• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Yep.
    To be fair, at least they left the lug nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
      Over the weekend my big rig got a smaller, more slender cousin in the form of a couple of 1070ti's in a new frame - boom! Between the two of them I am now mining 0.5 ETH every 2 days. Pulling approximately 1100 watts at the wall. Will expand and get more cards once the new team green cards have come out, and the old range can be had for pennies.
      Maybe only mine in winter and save on heating costs?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Maybe only mine in winter and save on heating costs?
        Bitcoin could consume more electricity than Austria before end of 2018 | Daily Mail Online

Maybe we could just get rid of Austria?

Comment

Cryptocurrency

Over the weekend my big rig got a smaller, more slender cousin in the form of a couple of 1070ti's in a new frame - boom! Between the two of them I am now mining 0.5 ETH every 2 days. Pulling approximately 1100 watts at the wall. Will expand and get more cards once the new team green cards have come out, and the old range can be had for pennies.
          So you mine what is currently $150 a day , how much is the electricity cost for 1100 watts @ 24hrs? i.e what’s your actual profit per day?

Then finally what’s your investment costs? i.e what’s ROI

I’m just trying to understand how viable the business is
          Last edited by chef; 17 May 2018, 16:47.
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Listened to an interview with someone from the team on PAC this morning. A PAC masternode will apparently pay for itself in 9 months at the moment.
            I actually like the idea of this coin very much and it's only about 56 sats right now.
            Not on many exchanges though
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Palm Beach Text Update:

Today’s Recommended Trade: Buy Quantstamp (QSP) Buy-up-to Price: $0.25
              Stop Loss: None
              Buy It On: Binance, Kucoin
              Store It On: MyEtherWallet

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                So you mine what is currently $150 a day , how much is the electricity cost for 1100 watts @ 24hrs? i.e what’s your actual profit per day?

Then finally what’s your investment costs? i.e what’s ROI

I’m just trying to understand how viable the business is
                Matt I was thinking the same as Chef here. I thought you were running a 1060 rig originally. Even with the 2 1070s, I can't see you mining anywhere near $4500/month.

A 6 x 1080Ti rig barely gets $800/month.

Comment

Cool story bro

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

BABB on the run again.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                      BABB on the run again.
                      I've been hoovering up DAOStack (GEN) after it bottomed post ICO. Something's got to give me a car with upward opening doors.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X