• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Scoots,

XRP

people are saying that XRP is being pushed by the IMF as a possible instrument for the Central Banking System to use.

If I search for the Ripple IMF on google news, there are a good number of articles about this.

IMO if XRP became an instrument of the IMF and the Central Banking System the price could have upside and there could be nice rewards for people brave enough to get in before hand.

Hence the question, why is the XRP price where it is, and why hasn't the herd grasped this and jumped in and filled their boots and ordered their new Lamborghini's ?

Thanks,

Milan.
    After much study I decided against XRP. I'm only really interested in protocols that I think will provide a 1000x return. Ripple is a product used by banks, XRP therefore has no intrinsic value, it's only use as far as I can tell is to transfer value quickly, like in seconds. Beyond that, what purpose does it serve bitcoin does not already? If I want to transfer £1k from A to B I'll just buy the required XRP at that time. Tell any of the XRP community this and you'll be shot down in flames. The other thing I don't like about it.... is that it is largely centralised.

IMO the IMF and banking systems are more likely to use trusted networks rather than un-trusted ones. Tezos and Boscoin are both examples of trusted protocols, would keep my eye on them.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Well TBH Korbyn is going to take it anyway, so a million to one shot on crypto starts to make sense....

I thought UK leaving the EU + the Tories having free reign over the populous was a dark cloud too much but now Brexit is off the table.. and Corbyn gets in... that just might send a few hard line Brexiters over the edge to the point of high velocity lead poisoning.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I thought UK leaving the EU + the Tories having free reign over the populous was a dark cloud too much but now Brexit is off the table.. and Corbyn gets in... that just might send a few hard line Brexiters over the edge to the point of high velocity lead poisoning.
        and yet more thread pollution

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          and yet more thread pollution
          Fill yer boots!

Brexit Bit Crypto Currency Coins - Brexit Bit Crypto Coins Currency

At £0.00 per coin I now have an infinite number of them...Boomed!

Comment

Comment

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

"The Rise and Fall of Ethereum"

Comment

3 days to go. +/- 1

This is my chart that has me so interested. The downward slope is the downtrend Bitcoin has been in all year and recently broke through. If it bounces off this around the 22nd (Monday) it'll be great of course, cause BTC dominance will take a hit and alts will rally. Alternative it could go crashing through it, as I know Bitcoin has to touch the long-trend line before the next bull run. The more weeks that go by the higher that price shall be, as the long term trend line is not lower than $5k at the moment. It should be obvious why Bitcoin is a steal right now.

Last edited by scooterscot; 19 October 2018, 07:43.

Comment

Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
                  Subscribe to read | Financial Times

"The Rise and Fall of Ethereum"
                  Follow the progress of 'Dfinity' if you want to make serious dough. This project will succeed, I should say enable where Ether struggles. You can't buy into it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Follow the progress of 'Dfinity' if you want to make serious dough. This project will succeed, I should say enable where Ether struggles. You can't buy into it yet.
                    Isn't EOS supposed to be the ethereum killer?
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

EOS is more for decentralised application developers whereas Ether is about smart contracts, they are solving different problems. I'm really not sure what market EOS is targeting, what hair on fire problem it's solving. With Ether it is clear, un-trusted smart contracts will be important in the future, no question about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X