• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    So whats going on? I thought May/Jun/Jul would be mega bull run?
    No, that's never been the plan. A fall in Jan/Feb (which extended into March) followed by a reasonable run into April / mid May, followed by a dip and a slow decline (IMO to $7000~) then a steady incline end of June, more gains in July and THEN mega bull run.

Look at the last two years of BTC and Ethereum history. I was discussing selling half my portfolio last week and buying back in with it in a couple of weeks time. I got cold feet and didn't do it.

If you put the charts side by side and look at them year on year you'll see the pattern. Also, all the big financial players have been indicating their buyin will be Q3. We are nearing the end of Q2 so a market crash is unsurprising, they want to get in cheap and then send it soaring.

Just my opinion. I am not signed up to any news groups or paid for subscriptions, just piecing together what I can from recent news and historical events.

Comment

One or two of these contracts now starting to appear...

www.jobsite.co.uk
      Blockchain Engineer (C++)
      The City, City (EC4)

Computer Futures Solutions
      Computer Futures are excited to be working with a Blockchain-focused asset management company. Our client will be building a new coin from scratch, as well as the surrounding ecosystem on either the DASH or Stellar protocols - and have already secured their first round of funding. This is an incredibly unique and exciting opportunity to work on a technology that will change the industry as we know it!

The organisation are looking for highly talented, experienced Blockchain Developers to join their exceptional team to help bring their vision to life ideally having at least 1 year of full-time Blockchain development experience, primarily in C++, and have a proven track record of delivering in this field coupled with an ability and desire to design and create novel Blockchain applications.

Must Have:
      Extensive Blockchain experience POC/Production environment as a Developer
      Strong C++
      DASH and/or Stellar protocols
      Previous experience developing a new coin offering
      Full life-cycle experience from POC to Production & Release
      Experience with multiple working methodologies
      Comfortable in a start-up environment (previous experience is highly valued)

Additional Must-Have's:
      Must be able to work effective under own supervision
      Honesty & Integrity
      Will provide consent for background check
      Desirable Experience:
      Been security cleared in the last 3 years.
      Hands-on Experience with Blockchain
      Security & Network Solutions

Contract Length: 3 months + extension
      Rate: To be discussed upon application. In Excess of £600 a day

Comment

If you had those skills you may do better building an off the shelf new coin product that can be tailored to the client's requirements.

£600/day seems low to attract what must be a very small number of people genuinely able to tick most of their 'must have' list. I wonder how many CVs they'll receive with the chancer saying they're the real Satoshi Nakamoto.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          This guy always seems to talk a lot of sense:

https://chrisdunn.com/5-major-crypto...market-cycles/

We're entering his phase 5 here - there will be a lot of volatility where I don't think analysis and resistance levels make a lot of sense as it'll be highly unpredictable. I think it'll bounce around somewhere between 6 and 10k before it settles down, unless it drops further.
          Was thinking back about this and so far this guy has it spot on.

There may be more complicated analysis like Elliot wave, but at a high level, this is spot on. We're probably either at the end of the volatile stage or early accumulation stage (which is still very volatile compared to normal markets). This is where you should be putting new money in, accumulating slowly. Might start putting in a couple hundred here and there, £ cost average.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
            No, that's never been the plan. A fall in Jan/Feb (which extended into March) followed by a reasonable run into April / mid May, followed by a dip and a slow decline (IMO to $7000~) then a steady incline end of June, more gains in July and THEN mega bull run.
            Buy the rumour sell the news, that's always been true.

Nevertheless a bull run has always followed consensus in some magnitude, a 30% pullback is nothing w.r.t to what's to come.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post

Look at the last two years of BTC and Ethereum history. I was discussing selling half my portfolio last week and buying back in with it in a couple of weeks time. I got cold feet and didn't do it.

If you put the charts side by side and look at them year on year you'll see the pattern. Also, all the big financial players have been indicating their buyin will be Q3. We are nearing the end of Q2 so a market crash is unsurprising, they want to get in cheap and then send it soaring.

Just my opinion. I am not signed up to any news groups or paid for subscriptions, just piecing together what I can from recent news and historical events.
              And you really believe, that the trend will continue? If so, everybody should just buy in Q3 and sell later on...wich again, will play out as a market-crash and people loosing faith in Crypto.

Do you keep your assets on a hardware wallet, or in some secure crypto platform? I'll check the data myself, but if this turns out to be true, I can just keep all my assets in my Ledger 355 days a year

Comment

Freelance blockchain
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I was watching the big short last night.

How can I short bitcoin?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                    I was watching the big short last night.

How can I short bitcoin?
                    Same way as anything else, on an exchange that allows margin trading.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                      Same way as anything else, on an exchange that allows margin trading.
                      i believe bitfinex allows it
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X