• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    I was watching the big short last night.

How can I short bitcoin?
    My spreadbetting broker (GKFX) has several cryptos you can short
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
      I was watching the big short last night.

How can I short bitcoin?
      WHAT!

no, you just HODL, and the lambos appear out of unicorn poop.

Comment

ohh I can't wait to see your face.

Bitcoin is massively undervalued now. Massively. A number of developments have gone under the radar without so much notice.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          ohh I can't wait to see your face.

Bitcoin is massively undervalued now. Massively. A number of developments have gone under the radar without so much notice.
          How do you value bitcoin?

Why is $7.5K dollars undervalued for example?

Comment

Bitcoin is about to become that coin everyone uses from buying a coffee at Starbbucks to even.... yes, you heard it here first, a load of bread!!

Now, I’ll tell you that my key takeaway from Consensus, and you’re not going to want to hear this… But this is my key takeaway: that bitcoin is wildly undervalued—wildly, wildly undervalued. And I’ll tell you why. There was a great talk put on by the folks from the Lightning Network about the progress that they’re making. What Lightning Network will allow bitcoin to do is essentially process an enormous amount of transactions at a very low cost. They’re talking about one-millionth of one cent. The brief overview on Lightning Network is that not every transaction that happens needs to be written into the blockchain.
            This was a key takeaway from Consensus: Not everything that happens needs to be written into the blockchain. Writing into a blockchain is expensive and arduous and consumes an enormous amount of energy. I don’t think every time somebody buys or sells a $2 item, it should be written into the blockchain.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Bitcoin is about to become that coin everyone uses from buying a coffee at Starbbucks to even.... yes, you heard it here first, a load of bread!!
              The brief overview on Lightning Network is that not every transaction that happens needs to be written into the blockchain.
              Isn't that the whole point of bitcoin? If you aren't benefiting from blockchain, what's the USP?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Isn't that the whole point of bitcoin? If you aren't benefiting from blockchain, what's the USP?
                I wondered that to. You've got me. <$2 I think it'll be. But what's stopping you making millions of $2 transactions.

Anyway, fill yet boots.

Comment

I wondered that to. You've got me. <$2 I think it'll be. But what's stopping you making millions of $2 transactions.

Anyway, fill yet boots.
                  I'd invest in bitcoin, but I'm scared I'll wake surrounded by millions of Lamborghini's all revving their engines at me furiously.

Comment

Get a BMW. Favourite amongst IT types.

Comment

I do wonder if/how those 2nd tier Lightning transactions will ever be settled, especially with the system scaled up.....who'll be left carrying the smelly stick?

Originally a simple idea, which didn't scale, forks like crazy then extra layers of complexity added.......a recipe for something.

Comment

Working...
                      X