• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNT is on one again...even in the face of BTC being poorly.
    I think we're in wave 3 of a larger scale wave 3 at the moment (but what do I know about EW theory...been wrong every time so far)
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      SNT is on one again...even in the face of BTC being poorly.
      I think we're in wave 3 of a larger scale wave 3 at the moment (but what do I know about EW theory...been wrong every time so far)
      Takes a lot of practice. If you really want to get into TA I recommend getting a copy of Forex Tester, It's a simulator you can use to analyse and trade
      historical FX/commodity markets.

It's a skill you develop over hours and hours and thousands and thousands of traces. It's like learning a musical instrument or martial art - a lot of practice involved.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Debit card purchase rejected by bank.

Been working last few days as I drip FIAT into crypto. Can't do bank transfer as names don't match.

Looks like I'm snookered.
        No so.

Easiest, quickest, 'guaranteed', 100% anonymous, non traceable, non traded (but expensive) way you can get some Satoshis in the next hour is via a Bitcoin ATM.
        Mainly in London but popping up around the country. All support buy BTC with fiat, some also sell BTC to fiat.

Buying
        1) Get the QR code of your Bitcoin wallet on a phone or paper (the ATM will scan it).
        2) Take out cash from a Bank FIAT ATM - green folding notes.
        3) Head to the Bitcoin ATM - hit 'buy' on the touch screen, feed notes, scan QR.
        4) Satoshis are on their way to your wallet !

Be security mindful. In, out, quick - you'll be in and out in minutes.
        Most of the UK ATMs tend to be at the back of Asian run 'open all hours' newsagent/grocery shops - literally next to ice cream freezers and tins of beans at the back of the shop.

Some media fake news to consider:
        "Teenagers reeking of drugs deposit wads of £50 notes in Bitcoin cashpoints"
        "Up to four in five of those using the new ATMs are suspected drug dealers"
        "One shop that agreed to close to allow a customer to pay in £14,000"

"More Bitcoin ATMs Are Being Installed Than Bank ATMs"
        Feb 6 2018

https://coinatmradar.com/country/225...nited-kingdom/

Note - Very high fees ! Typically £10 + 8% of deposit. You pay for the anonymity and convenience.
        Last edited by SunnyInHades; 6 February 2018, 10:17.

Comment

and I thought the fees in CH were expensive

Jayzuz you pay 8% for the in transaction and 8% for the out transaction

what a world

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
            No so.

Easiest, quickest, 'guaranteed', 100% anonymous, non traceable, non traded (but expensive) way you can some Satoshis in the next hour is via a Bitcoin ATM.
            Mainly in London but popping up around the country. All support buy BTC with fiat, some also sell BTC to fiat.

Note - Very high fees ! Typically £10 + 8% of deposit. You pay for the anonymity and convenience.
            Thanks for an interesting option but with those fees I'd probably use a service such as LocalBitCoins that have sellers accepting cash deposits, so not much different. Presume LBC hold the bitcoin itself in 'escrow' so is released if I can prove I deposited the FIAT if the seller starts playing silly.

Prefer to use other online services without dealing directly with the public, but if the banking clampdown continues and starts affecting bank transfers as well as card payments, I can see cash deposits being the last bastion of the banking/crypto war.

Think for now I'll register on the other reputable services/exchanges mentioned by others, that accept SEPA (though GBP would be nice ) bank transfers, and try to make sure the account name exactly matches my Revolut account this time.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by bulltraderpt View Post
              Why read something which will attempt to get into your mind that you cannot do something, i.e. I suspect the author was attempting to state something like; "The data I have shows stock price are random, blah blah blah, here's the 'data' I crunched..."

So the author would no doubt not believe that a retail trader (that's me btw), could out perform the FTSE and the FTSE All share quite considerably over the last five plus years.

If you hang your hat on said book, may I respectfully suggest two things; Firstly the author probably hasn't attempted to try and learn how to trade and if he did, didn't stick at it very long (as most don't), and secondly if you buy into his thought as I outline further up then you are a acting like a sheep.

As the old saying goes; "When they say you can't they show you THEIR limits not yours."

So the only question left is do you have the hairy spheres to LEARN to trade and invest?
              So, one has to ask then, why did you reply to the comment;" Truth be told I'd be out of a day job if I were unable to predict the future of my clients products/services", by mentioning this book then?

It did come across to me (at least), as though you either didn't believe people can outperform the markets, as the gentleman made the comment above about his day job.

I did try and listen to it ages ago on youtube, but got board as what little I listened to wasn't going to be of any use to me.

However if you want to give us a quick summery...

It's good that your portfolio has out performed, personally I enjoy the challenge of day trading and as such this is the dream job for me. Cheers.

Comment

Is it legal for the banks to ban you from buying something with your own money. One of their arguments is that people are using credit cards to buy coins and then being left with a big debt....isn't that the same with a lot of things? If I buy my food at tesco and pay for it with a credit card, what I'm left with at the end of the week is worth significantly less than I paid for it!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                  Not sure if you'll be able to see this but trying to learn elliott wave theory so here's an analysis on SNT
                  https://www.tradingview.com/chart/SNTBTC/CqPwDxMU-SNT/
                  2946-2963 is where I said SNT would hit before retracing slightly...could it happen...could I have possibly been correct? 2926 so far. 2856-2876 is where I thought it would retrace to. I'm unfeasibly excited at the thought that I may have been correct
                  Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                    Is it legal for the banks to ban you from buying something with your own money.
                    If you are using a credit card, then it's not your money. It's their money and they are entirely within their rights to decide on what terms it is lent.

Comment

Ok that's fine with credit cards, but according to the mirror LLoyds are banning debit card transactions also

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...uying-11971501
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X