• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Ok that's fine with credit cards, but according to the mirror LLoyds are banning debit card transactions also

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...uying-11971501
    The headline says "Credit & Debit" cards, whereas the article only mentions credit cards. So probably just lazy journalism.

But no, I don't think banning people from using their "real" money to purchase is on. Even if it something that has a very high degree of risk.

Comment

Just signed up to Uphold and verified account in a matter of minutes. Tried adding funds using the same debit card that was rejected by bank on coinbase and it worked.

Shame they only have limited cryptos available to purchase like many of the other easy access portals. Will have to dilute my main crypto holdings to transfer to other exchanges for moving into alts, once I've dripped enough FIAT into the main cryptos to make it worth spreading some into alts, before moving them all to my own wallets until the market rises again.

Still in the game, all the way down.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

BABB purchase complete

"Congratulations,
        You have successfully participated in the BABB token sale.

We have received your transfer of XX ETH"
        Last edited by scooterscot; 6 February 2018, 12:08.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
          Is it legal for the banks to ban you from buying something with your own money.
          If you deposited money in the bank, it's no longer 'your' money.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Looks like mine has gone through as well
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              BABB purchase complete

"Congratulations,
              You have successfully participated in the BABB token sale.

We have received your transfer of XX ETH"
              Got my BABB too.

Apparently will be released for trading on Feb 22nd.

Tell me, how do we know what exchange it will be released on to?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                Got my BABB too.

It says on the website that the BAX will be released to the website, from where you can either withdraw it or leave it in place

EDIT:
                Receipt of BAX token
                BAX Tokens will be deposited in the buyer’s account at getbabb.com within 15 days of the end of the Initial BAX Token Sale (this period allows BABB to run any additional KYC procedures). Once deposited, buyers may keep their BAX stored on the BABB Platform or, if they wish, use a Withdraw function to send the BAX Tokens to a wallet of their choice.
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

So BABB is a UK offering yet they only accept ETH and USD.

No one likes GBP these days.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                    It says on the website that the BAX will be released to the website, from where you can either withdraw it or leave it in place

EDIT:
                    Receipt of BAX token
                    BAX Tokens will be deposited in the buyer’s account at getbabb.com within 15 days of the end of the Initial BAX Token Sale (this period allows BABB to run any additional KYC procedures). Once deposited, buyers may keep their BAX stored on the BABB Platform or, if they wish, use a Withdraw function to send the BAX Tokens to a wallet of their choice.
                    Yep but that doesn't mean you can sell them or trade them. They will have to go on to an exchange for you to do that.

I'm not concerned yet because I want to hold these. But just out of interest I'm sure Scoots will know how ICOs progress to full blown exchange trading.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                      Got my BABB too.

no idea - will keep it until the summer at least, there's no desire to sell it on this end. Cheap as Stellar was this time last year with less circulation.

Comment

Working...
                      X