• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Excuse me? It was a joke mate. I posted the original article which I wouldn't have done if I didn't think it was balanced and informative. You're taking it waaaaay too seriously.
    Uh, my post also didn't sound quite how I wanted it to when I read it back; sorry. Rather than "you" and being pointed, it was written with more a sense of "one must" - i.e. we all need to change the way we think, not you in particular Lockhouse. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      likewise

Milan.
      Why remove it all?!

Anyway yes I've heard about this, I just misunderstood what you said earlier. Still not sure it will happen, after all the US won't sit by quietly while their throne is usurped.

Are you going to take a position on this, i.e. hold gold derivatives? I wouldn't bother with physical myself due to the hassle but a derivative or gold miner stocks could be worthwhile.

Comment

did you catch the second post before I removed it, that one was the QED

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          I thought this was a good article in the New York Times.

Nice article if a bit long to absorb in one quick reading.

Particularly like the overall theme of InternetOne being the original open protocols we still use, and InternetTwo being the closed centralisation by Google/Facebook/Amazon/... to make profit from and control InternetOne like any shareholder driven corporation is required to to monetise content or networks.

Good to read some of the insight into the true power of blockchain, I've not really read too deeply into the potential just can see it from an idealistic and altruistic viewpoint.

Requires getting back to InternetOne where everything is done in a truly decentralised way so control is retained rather than given away. e.g. information, photos, correspondence, digital creations (music, videos, writings) and physical items have proof of ownership with the ability to be sold or transferred or retained and controlled. Controlling could for instance mean photos are not shareable without permission and control over where they end up. No more dodgy photos 'out there forever', you can rescind access at any time from any place as it's traceable back to the current owner.

There is going to be a massive boom in the take up of blockchain derived solutions. Plan Bs aplenty if you want to try your hand at one of the many possible uses.

removed by poster for being unnecessary drivel

Milan.
          I think you were on about how gold is going to be revalued upwards to sort out the mess with FIAT.

In which case it makes sense to hold physical gold (or trustworthy paper alternatives ) as well as bitcoins or your favourite cryptos. Spread the risk and opportunity for reward.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

actually I consider au to be the ultimate life insurance policy against any uncertainties in life and have been accumulating based upon the holdings recommendations for a mature balanced wealth portfolio

recently our resident maestro Scoots put me onto some events which are predicted by some to be coming along this year, it's a story I wasn't aware of and hadn't paid attention to, it all makes sense for me when I look at it through my vision restricted glasses

every man to himself

Milan.

Comment

actually I consider au to be the ultimate life insurance policy against any uncertainties in life and have been accumulating based upon the holdings recommendations for a mature balanced wealth portfolio

recently our resident maestro Scoots put me onto some events which are predicted by some to be coming along this year, it's a story I wasn't aware of and hadn't paid attention to, it all makes sense for me when I look at it through my vision restricted glasses

every man to himself

Milan.
              Yes i saw Scooter's posts on that subject a while ago. Still not convinced anything will happen though.

Time will tell.

My wife has enough gold jewellery so I won't be buying any more

Comment

every man to himself

Milan.
                What are these events that are predicted?
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Scoots mentioned something had been predicted to happen and was kind enough to give a hint to the essence of the research material, which by its very nature was ambiguous to encourage the reader to part with more folding for the release of the juicier information

anyway, using the patented MilanBenes restricted vision glasses I was able to do a little digging and figure it all out

and I can say, it is happening while we speak

to cut a long story short the mile stone which carries the highest expectation at this point in the story is the much awaited announcement that Saud will accept the Renminbi in payment for the black stuff

whenever that announcement comes, that will signify another piece of the puzzle in place

enjoy

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    My wife has enough gold jewellery so I won't be buying any more
                    For Christ sake don't let her see that post. Otherwise you'll end up in divorce court next to ScrubbingBrush!

Comment

I'm currently hodling 80/20

physical metals / crypto.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Working...
                      X