• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
    Why not just cloud mine instead - I've not yet looked at the cost comparison between the two approaches but I found buying the mining rig to be cost prohibitive as well as time consuming to setup/maintain.

I've been tempted to look into Genesis mining / Hashflare etc but not had the time
    I got a genesis mining accouint going. Cost $30. Mined me about $45 worth of eth in about 5 months.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      It's not ignorance it's fact. I can't speak in individual cases but it's like your friend is on the receiving end of some injustice.

It could not be clearer, the Steueramt here in München only care when it's returned to FIAT and that is was held for more than one year. They do not have the time or resources to understand thousands of transactions per year between different alt-coins:

"The distinction in German law stays the same: Private entities do not have to pay taxes on the gains if they hold their cryptocurrencies (starting from the first conversion of fiat currency into cryptocurrency) for more than a year. Legal entities are obliged to pay taxes on proceeds the moment it is cashed out to fiat currencies again or exchanged for other economic assets."

https://blog.neufund.org/cryptotaxes...d-c82cd512a403
      It's a federal issue.

I assure you they do care about each transaction (in his case, maybe because he was "found out"). How do you think the financial markets operate day to day? The trillions going through London is "unaccountable" due to sheer complexity and volume? No chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
        Why not just cloud mine instead - I've not yet looked at the cost comparison between the two approaches but I found buying the mining rig to be cost prohibitive as well as time consuming to setup/maintain.

I've been tempted to look into Genesis mining / Hashflare etc but not had the time
        Take caution and research hard before investing - lots of 'cloud mining' outfits are probably Ponzi scams.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
          It's a federal issue.

I assure you they do care about each transaction (in his case, maybe because he was "found out"). How do you think the financial markets operate day to day? The trillions going through London is "unaccountable" due to sheer complexity and volume? No chance.
          Surely only final cash out to fiat counts.

If not whats to stop me creating my own tulip coin (or coins) by say forking Lightcoin (howtos easily found), premining 100% of them them, setting a price as anything I choose and allowing BTC internal exchange only on a whois guarded web site I own and manage in Vietnam (probably created using a HYIP script from https://hyipsoftware.com/features/) to manipulate profit/loss for CGT ?
          Remember - no regulation, no rules in Crypto.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
            Surely only final cash out to fiat counts.

If not whats to stop me creating my own tulip coin (or coins) by say forking Lightcoin (howtos easily found), premining 100% of them them, setting a price as anything I choose and allowing BTC internal exchange only on a whois guarded web site I own and manage in Vietnam (probably created using a HYIP script from https://hyipsoftware.com/features/) to manipulate profit/loss for CGT ?
            Remember - no regulation, no rules in Crypto.
            Who said CGT can't be manipulated? That's besides the point of how it's applied.

Some UK accountant needs to chime in.

Comment

Yesterday I mentioned ETC is going to explode. So far its taken a 10% hit with the South Korea news, don't worry. It is still going to explode.

Let me tell what else is about to explode. Decred (DCR). There's a rumour, but I'm not going to add to it just yet until it becomes a little more solid. But if true it could be another Stellar like Bull run.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Ha! Just checked out the order book..

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Ha! Just checked out the order book..

Why can't I see the screenshot?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    Why can't I see the screenshot?
                    Don't know - am sharing using my public folder on dropbox...

Comment

Don't know - am sharing using my public folder on dropbox...
                      Nope even if I copy paste the URL https://photos-4.dropbox.com/t/2/AAD...36&size_mode=3

It's not letting me in, gives me a 403 error.

Looking at the order book on Bittrex, not sure I see anything untoward aside from a Buy order for 802 units at 725 sats....?

Comment

Working...
                      X