• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Hi Matt,

I don't want to sound like a 44yr old grumpy old man, and I wish them all the best and hope they fulfill their dreams, but I've got the feeling a lot are how we've both described, which actually makes it easier for the ones like yourself who don't mind a bit of hard work, because it means you've got less competition.

Milan.
    Sound like? You are one aren't you?! To be fair, my step brother is a perfect example; he runs a nutrition business selling products from my dad and step mums house. Due to his ever expanding operation but unwillingness to take it off site, rent a warehouse, whatever... My father and step mum have moved out into rented accommodation for a year so he can continue to "build his business" - I can tell you now that if my parents hadn't split and that was me trying that on, my father and mother would've told me exactly where to go!

I think a lot of the problem lies in the parenting. I've had to look after myself pretty much due to losing my mum in my very early 20's, but I see a lot of people our age simply taking their parents for a ride and then blaming everything on house prices and cost of living.

Comment

I thought this was a good article in the New York Times.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        you're hoping there, if you can a) get the millennials out of bed, b) get them off their iPhone, c) find one who actually understands what money is, d) find one who is interested

anyway, good luck,

and likewise, nice dream but you and I both know, none of what you wish for will ever happen

the only game changer for the next few years will be the evolution of fiat with gold and the reset.

have a look into that and perhaps start with the obor initiative and the petroyuan

Milan.
        Benes

You've said this more than once now, but I for one cannot see this happening. I'd be interested to read any links you recommend.

It would dramatically reduce global governments' ability to manipulate the people and the economy. It would cause carnage in the finance world. All asset classes would crash 90%+ in value.

Except maybe BTC

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          I thought this was a good article in the New York Times.
          Good article but a little wrong - there is a captain steering the ship of the Ethereum network; co-founder Vitalik Buterin.

Comment

removed by poster for being unnecessary drivel

Milan.
            Last edited by milanbenes; 26 January 2018, 11:34.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
              Good article but a little wrong - there is a captain steering the ship of the Ethereum network; co-founder Vitalik Buterin.
              I did think it was more well balanced than most and tried to grasp some of the implications though my heart sank when I heard that the guy lived in a house called "Rivendell but with less elves".
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I did think it was more well balanced than most and tried to grasp some of the implications though my heart sank when I heard that the guy lived in a house called "Rivendell but with less elves".
                likewise great article Lockouse,

but nevertheless they went on to say that the same guy living in the small house raised 135mil$ last year in a pre-ico

not bad going

Milan.

Comment

my heart sank when I heard that the guy lived in a house called "Rivendell but with less elves".
                  As I was saying to my other half last night, we have to accept that times are changing, social norms are changing, everything is changing. Sadly, you cannot judge how clever someone is by what they elected to name their house. Could just be a massive LOTR fan. Also, it's an enormous middle finger to the "establishment" and makes a talking point for when the guy starts to garner mainstream attention.

I'd say by making you feel the way he did, he's almost achieved his point. You're not going to forget that useless factoid any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                    As I was saying to my other half last night, we have to accept that times are changing, social norms are changing, everything is changing. Sadly, you cannot judge how clever someone is by what they elected to name their house. Could just be a massive LOTR fan. Also, it's an enormous middle finger to the "establishment" and makes a talking point for when the guy starts to garner mainstream attention.

I'd say by making you feel the way he did, he's almost achieved his point. You're not going to forget that useless factoid any time soon.
                    Excuse me? It was a joke mate. I posted the original article which I wouldn't have done if I didn't think it was balanced and informative. You're taking it waaaaay too seriously.

Comment

likewise

Milan.
                      Last edited by milanbenes; 26 January 2018, 11:34.

Comment

Working...
                      X