• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At last

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Not the medical experts, but I've seen some horrendous recommendations that people persist with because they're too stubborn to admit that they've backed the wrong horse.
    Indeed and they frequently get promoted.

In large corporates.

Small companies I have seen some great decisions.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      which bit of 89% of prescriptions are free are you having difficulty with?

If they don't pay for prescriptions they won't pay to visit a doctor will they?

You can see why the NHS is doomed if cretins like you are involved.
      Spot on, The SNP got rid of prescription charges and I think the percentage in Scotland was 95% that were already free.

Comment

which bit of 89% of prescriptions are free are you having difficulty with?

If they don't pay for prescriptions they won't pay to visit a doctor will they?

You can see why the NHS is doomed if cretins like you are involved.
        There's a whole body of HEOR literature out there on the benefits or not of managing demand by charging nominal fees at the point of contact, and what that fee should be.
        Some of it has big words though and requires complicated chains of logic.
        Google is your friend.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          The clue is in the name - Accident and Emergency. If you can't spend 100 Euro on an emergency or an accident when can you spend it?
          Lots of people don't have a spare €100 for anything. And do you pay on entry or get a bill in the post?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

First thing to do is introduce a £10 charge to see an NHS GP (not for children, oldies or doleys).
            I bet that would reduce the current 4 week waiting time locally.
            Most of the people seeing GPs are in that category anyway.

Oh and if that charge was brought in a lot of younger adults would end up suing GPs. It shouldn't take 7-8 appointments to be referred for a brain tumour or a bowel disease.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There's a whole body of HEOR literature out there on the benefits or not of managing demand by charging nominal fees at the point of contact, and what that fee should be.
              Some of it has big words though and requires complicated chains of logic.
              Google is your friend.
              95% of prescriptions are free.

Do you want to make that 0%?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                It's interesting and scary that those who display the most dumb ignorance are also Brexiteers.
                It's been demonstrated so often in the past year, it's lost the ability to surprise or worry.

Wouldn't be permitted in the private sector.
                Yes it would. Unless it's really expensive, insurance companies just cough up.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  95% of prescriptions are free.

Do you want to make that 0%?
                  The whole fooking thing needs complete revamping - dont know about Scotland, but why should rich old baby boomers who also own most of the property in England have free doctor visits and free rxs?
                  I'm talking from experience and I've discussed this before, the pinch point in England is seeing your gatekeeper GP.
                  After that we can go private so it doesn't matter.
                  Currently in my practice it takes a month (!) to see a GP, so obviously something isn't right.

I wouldn't mind if there were private GPs you could transfer your records to, but there don't seem to be any who want to do that and take on relationships with patients, its more lucrative to just get the one offs.

In mY view the NHS has stopped being fit for purpose.
                  Last edited by sasguru; 28 March 2017, 13:36.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Are you medical Gregg?
                    In so much as he is allergic to too much reality.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      It's been demonstrated so often in the past year, it's lost the ability to surprise or worry.
                      So we have reasoned that the NHS is fecked and it is the fault of brexit?

Honestly?

Comment

Working...
                      X