• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blocking A50 over eu nationals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Much the same as ever - those inside Schengen control their borders as a group. Those outside Schengen have their own border controls, own immigration controls and own visa requirements.
    Like when individual countries reintroduced controls without letting anyone really know what was going on, isn't the UK outside of Schengen yet isn't really able to control it's immigration due to the Freedom of Movement?
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      So I read it that Schengen doesn't give an entitlement to residency across the area.
      The way it works in Switzerland at least is that you've got three months to find work above a certain pay level, otherwise you must leave and not return for another three months. We get some casual workers coming into the country, doing low paid jobs - e.g. cleaning, farm labouring - for three months, then returning home.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        How?
        That he has no clue what he is talking about, that's how.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          Like when individual countries reintroduced controls without letting anyone really know what was going on, isn't the UK outside of Schengen yet isn't really able to control it's immigration due to the Freedom of Movement?
          That is broadly true for EU / EEA citizens. However, as UK citizens will no longer be EU / EEA citizens, then it's right this each member state should make its own decision about UK residency, work permits etc.. Otherwise, it would be the mean old EUSSR trampling on its vassal states.

Comment

In the UK if you don't have a job, not supported by a long term partner, not supported by a married/civil partnership partner, aren't on a pension or a full time student we can kick EEA nationals out. However we don't because the UK Home Office is f***ing useless.

I've been to other EU countries where they tell people as long as they leave every 3 months for a minimum of 24 hours they can return.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The UK could control its immigration from outside the EU without leaving the EU if the UK government could be bothered to do something about it. Instead they chose (and convinced others) to do nothing but blame the EU.

Has anyone ever told you that there's a difference between freedom of movement for EU nationals and visa requirements for non-EU nationals?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The UK could control its immigration from outside the EU without leaving the EU if the UK government could be bothered to do something about it. Instead they chose (and convinced others) to do nothing but blame the EU.

Has anyone ever told you that there's a difference between freedom of movement for EU nationals and visa requirements for non-EU nationals?
                Totally agree here, in fact they break the rules on taxation between countries and no-one bats an eye lid, they could easily be throwing EU nationals out if they wanted, as long they didn't over do it.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

I know full well about the rules for non-EU nationals as over half my family are Filippino, so there's no need for anyone to tell me I can work it out for myself.
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    How?
                    UK doesn't vote for a Prime Minister directly. Hence not a President.

UK elects constituency representatives. She was elected by the constituents of Maidenhead.

She was also elected to lead the Conservative party.

That's the way it works in this country.

I assume you meant she hasn't been leader of the winning party / coalition following a general election.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                      That he has no clue what he is talking about, that's how.
                      I've just explained. Point out why I'm incorrect then.

Comment

Working...
                      X