• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear - Sales of Hitler's Mein Kampf soaring

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Mein Kampf has to be be better that Blair's biographies surely?
    Possibly, but it is hard going and is pretty much crap once you get past a lot of the ramblings.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Maybe you should - it would expand your world view.
      That's the funniest thing ever. I should expand my world view by reading about the lives of sociopaths.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        That's the funniest thing ever. I should expand my world view by reading about the lives of sociopaths.
        Thatcher and Blair weren't/haven't been diagnosed as that.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Margaret Thatcher had "psychopathic tendencies"

Tony Blair is a tragic narcissist with a messiah complex, says Robert Harris
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Possibly, but it is hard going and is pretty much crap once you get past a lot of the ramblings.
            Sorry, which one are you referring to?

Comment

Nor have Trump/Farage/Le Pen/Wilders/Johnson/Gove/the alt-right CUK clique/Roy 'Chubby' Brown/et. al. yet
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Getting back into conspiracy theories again but, several years back, a prominent US psychologist stated that many world leaders were so far off the normal spectrum in terms of self esteem and ego they could be legitimately be classified as insane.

Curiously, a year or two later I searched for it and could not find anything at all. Expect the poor chap ended up dead in a ditch somewhere and his publications got scrapped.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

He was one of the major influences of the last century. Doubt everyone buying MK is a neo-Nazi, most will probably just be interested in history. Programs about Hitler frequently feature on TV.
                  Yes this has been the case for the last half-century or so. People have always read it - IIRC it has been cool to read it in the past at various times and obviously there's both the historical interest and the kind of sick fascination to look into Hitler's mind.

But a sudden spike in sales/interest is interesting.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Getting back into conspiracy theories again but, several years back, a prominent US psychologist stated that many world leaders were so far off the normal spectrum in terms of self esteem and ego they could be legitimately be classified as insane.

Curiously, a year or two later I searched for it and could not find anything at all. Expect the poor chap ended up dead in a ditch somewhere and his publications got scrapped.
                    More work has been done on the subject since then and it agrees with the premise. In fact most CxO's in large companies are also psychopaths. I think it goes with the natural ability to manipulate and charm your way into the post and there is also a need for lack of empathy too.

Either way no one should be suppressing historical texts regardless of how hate filled it is. We need an unfiltered window into history to spot the signs in future. It's also important not to grant arseholes the excuse of they are suppressing my rights or freedom. I'd rather they read it and were out in the open with their bigotry. At least the rest of society can keep them in check that way.

Comment

Notwithstanding that having tendencies to psychopathy doesn't make someone a psychopath, and that Andrea Riseborough isn't a psychiatrist (just some actor pontificating), psychopathy is not sociopathy. Both have anti-social personality disorders, but sociopaths have a conscience, albeit weak.

Notwithstanding that Robert Harris isn't a psychiatrist (just some author pontificating), narcissism and having a messiah complex are both distinct from sociopathy.

HTH.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X