• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear - Sales of Hitler's Mein Kampf soaring

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Why is this any different to sales of Thachter's or Blair's biography?
    Ah yes, the memoirs of the famous Field Marshall von Thachter. Fasinating reading!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

85,000 copies sold, still 1.3m less than the Daily Mail
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Nope, and I gather it is a newly released annotated edition, which may somewhat account for the increase in sales.

But there's also the canary in the coal mine aspect. "From little acorns" and so on ..
        the version is a year old

https://www.thelocal.de/20170103/850...y-in-past-year

However it does seem that it was the first time in 70 years

Until now, the work had been owned by the Bavarian state government, which prevented any new editions being published in Germany for the standard term of 70 years after the death of the author.
        But as you can download it for free in many places one does rather wonder why such interest.

scooterscot
        That would be because despite her detractors nobody believes she filled the pits with dead bodies or invaded Poland.

Bliar was a lying cheating scumbag but he doesn't even get on the same scale as most of Hitlers henchmen. He may have filled at least one wood with a dead body though.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I actually read Mein Kampf while still in school in England as it was in the school library. Presumably it was available in most school libraries which explains the rise of the right in the UK
          I have a copy on my book shelf. It's right next to the Koran believe it or not.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I have a copy on my book shelf. It's right next to the Koran believe it or not.
            both in the "astounding fiction" section?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              both in the "astounding fiction" section?
              Along with this

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Along with this

They dropped the "First Class" bit as too fanciful?

Comment

Because Thatcher's and Blair's biographies don't contain much, if any, anti-semitism.

The Bavarian government held the copyright, and refused permission to publish. The work is now in the public domain, so there's nothing to stop its publication.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If you really think the three are in the same league there is something seriously wrong with you....... oh!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Because Thatcher's and Blair's biographies don't contain much, if any, anti-semitism..
                      And that's different to the UK's modern day prejudice against eastern Europeans, Muslins how?

It's how it always begins, you've people like Farage stirring up hate and the people lapped it up.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X