• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send them to live next door to remainers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately this is not hyperbole, my step daughter works as a children's social worker in that area. The depravity and thieving is on a colossus scale. 70 - 80% of her case load is Slovaks.

On another note, my wife works in social services and they've being trying new initiatives to help with freeing up beds in the local hospitals. One of the biggest delays is foreign nationals with no visas and no entitlement to social care. They take up most of the social workers time in trying to get them out, less time then to see to more straightforward cases.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      I wouldn't mind them being my neighbours because there is far less crime.

*Desperate attempt to blame everything on UKIP with no real facts.

FTFY

or fewer people report crime because they are afraid of having their legs broken or that the Police won't put down their doughnuts?

Friend of mine used to live in a rough area and was broken into every week so they could nick his telly (about all he had) to pay for a fix. How many times do you think he reported it with nutty druggies around and a wife + 2 little kids?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        FTFY

or fewer people report crime because they are afraid of having their legs broken or that the Police won't put down their doughnuts?

Friend of mine used to live in a rough area and was broken into every week so they could nick his telly (about all he had) to pay for a fix. How many times do you think he reported it with nutty druggies around and a wife + 2 little kids?
        You mean in Page Hall or are you just speculating ?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...hall-sheffield

Gulnaz Hussain of Page Hall's Pakistani Community Advice Centre said: "When they are told to move on, they always leave – there's no real resistance." She adds that many Roma are reliable workers and have landed decent jobs including as delivery drivers, translators, teaching assistants or mechanics.
        Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 December 2016, 11:33.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

It's the filth I would object to.
          I'm sure there are native British areas with far greater crime and anti-social behaviour.
          Having said which it seems de rigeur nowadays for people of all backgrounds and ethnicities to chuck rubbish out of their cars.
          I live in a posh area but commuters through the area regular shove crap out of their cars.
          And its a Labour LA council so they're curently "punishing" the posh area by only cleaning the streets every 6 weeks, while the chav areas are cleaned twice a week in some cases.

I wonder if the council in Page Hall is Labour and whether they're not cracking down on fly-tipping and anti-social behaviour for the same reason Labour councils are crap everywhere: inefficiency and wanting to make the Tories look bad by highlighting "cuts" in LA budgets.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

You mean in Page Hall or are you just speculating ?
            you inferred something from some figures, I made a different inference.

so we both made it up.

Point I was making was that you have no idea how bad it can get in these sort of areas unless you have lived there. The worst area I ever lived in had occasional car dumping, a little mild drug dealing and a resident burglar hardly a sink estate.

From the pictures it looks a lot like my mates area looked. The deal there was people were either frightened of the gangs or the police (because they were illegals) so they didn't report crime, it was a privilege to actually be dismissive of the Police. So you thinking it is a low crime area from the figures is very naive.

Comment

you inferred something from some figures, I made a different inference.

so we both made it up.

Point I was making was that you have no idea how bad it can get in these sort of areas unless you have lived there. The worst area I ever lived in had occasional car dumping, a little mild drug dealing and a resident burglar hardly a sink estate.

From the pictures it looks a lot like my mates area looked. The deal there was people were either frightened of the gangs or the police (because they were illegals) so they didn't report crime, it was a privilege to actually be dismissive of the Police. So you thinking it is a low crime area from the figures is very naive.
              ...but not as naive as reading the Daily Mail or Daily Express

....and didn't you read the comments from the communitly leaders who live there, don't those comments carry any weight?
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 December 2016, 11:52.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

...but not as naive as reading the Daily Mail or Daily Express

....and didn't you read the comments from the communitly leaders who live there, don't those comments carry any weight?
                One headteacher reported 8.9 per cent of Roma children reading and 3.5 per cent writing at Key Stage 1, compared to 80.1 per cent and 70.3 per cent among the general population.

Even as far back as 2013, David Blunkett, former Home Secretary and then local MP, warned of riots because of rising tensions.

Mark Payne, an expert in the Roma community who works at the University of Sheffield’s Department of Educational Studies, agrees the sudden influx caused problems.

Last year alone there were 145 robberies on the estate
                He said: “No one was really prepared. The number coming over to Sheffield from Slovakia really mushroomed in 2011/2012.

“The Roma people are suspicious of officialdom and that has been a big barrier to overcome.”

Suhail Ahmed, from Immigration Services — a body that helps Asian immigrants with their visas — said:

“We have different nationalities here and it causes a divide.

Suhail Ahamed, principle advisor of Immigration Services SWNS:SOUTH WEST NEWS SERVICE
                Suhail Ahamed, of Immigration Services, said the divide is caused by different nationalities
                But the ghetto situation is getting better because of stricter requirements for benefits.
                Yes and they don't seem to be particularly welcoming.

Comment

I hate the ******* Sun.

Comment

Whether high crime is a reality or not, that Guardian article does say they have significant problem with health, education and joblessness. So probably not an asset in general TBH. Plus blaming the axing of the government's axing of the migration impacts fund.

Why on Earth should we have to fund such things? We do not have a duty to foreign nationals. We don't expect other countries to take our low performers. No migrant who is not a significant asset should be here.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Yes and they don't seem to be particularly welcoming.
                      Integration efforts in Page Hall 'should be example for rest of UK' | Hallam FM - Your Music Your Life

Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 December 2016, 12:34.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X