• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send them to live next door to remainers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Seriously? The Jewish population - on average - declaring ten times the wealth of Muslims?
    not wishing to disrespect muslims but the majority I meet are taxi drivers & shop keepers highly unlikely to pay full tax or declare full wealth. I also suspect a lot of the money is repatriated.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      not wishing to disrespect muslims but the majority I meet are taxi drivers & shop keepers highly unlikely to pay full tax or declare full wealth. I also suspect a lot of the money is repatriated.
      As a whole, its fair to say that Muslims don't integrate very well and tend to live in ghettoes.
      And for many, Islamic beliefs hold back women's participation in the workforce.
      A usual it's a question of education, the ones I meet are professional and tend to work in the medical/dental sector.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        I saw an interesting thing on the BBC during the small hours that this might well force factories and agriculture into automation sooner. The example was the manual weeding of certain crops that sticks in my mind. Perhaps the 'need' to import people might well be irrelevant sooner than we think.
        Exactly, nearly a decade ago I met a couple of German chaps commissioning Asparagus picking machines in West Sussex. They were saying that their firm were close on many produce picking machines.

Growers get peek at automatic picking machine — VIDEO | Good Fruit Grower

Soon we will Automate and there will be a glut of jobless.

McDonalds are already experimenting with customers ordering via screen, there are burger & pizza making machines etc.

Amazon's first drone delivery was yesterday.

Unskilled repetitive jobs in large companies are soon to be extinct but someone still has to pay for the jobless's children to go to school (and we should somehow because we need to move up the pole).

Comment

Exactly, nearly a decade ago I met a couple of German chaps commissioning Asparagus picking machines in West Sussex. They were saying that their firm were close on many produce picking machines.

Growers get peek at automatic picking machine — VIDEO | Good Fruit Grower

Soon we will Automate and there will be a glut of jobless.

McDonalds are already experimenting with customers ordering via screen, there are burger & pizza making machines etc.
          Burger King have such a machine in some service stations.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My Grandfather used to complain about robots and computers "taking men's jobs". That's when he wasn't complaining about immigrants doing the same. Of course this was the 1980s and we've had a lot more of both since, not to mention a lot more women taking "men's jobs". Strangely none of this has resulted in mass unemployment.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Or RT.

Yes we do. We agreed to it, under EU law. It's called "freedom of movement". There's nothing to stop you moving to Romania, Slovenia, or even Switzerland.

Ever wondered why the feckless of the UK don't migrate to other EU countries?
              Well, post brexit, at least the Europeans will be kept out (assuming that freedom of movement is not part of the brexit agreement). Just have to deal with all the commonwealth nationals.
              So I take it you agree with invading Iraq, Syria & Afghanistan? After all the British government agreed to it so it must be right.

The reason brits don't move on masse to recently joined EU countries is that there economies don't pay enough. Plenty are buying property & businesses over there because they are cheap.

Comment

The reason brits don't move on masse to recently joined EU countries is that there economies don't pay enough. .
                their.

What a complete pile of bollux. You'd have a far better standard of living in Germany and Switzerland and there are plenty of jobs.
                And there are plenty of educated Brits taking advantage where language is not an issue.
                Why don't Brits go to Germany? I don't know.
                They used to in the 80s, they'd be welcome now, but the current generation seems to have too many benefits and/or be too insular and up their own arses to actually go and graft somewhere else.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  their.

What a complete pile of bollux. You'd have a far better standard of living in Germany and Switzerland and there are plenty of jobs.
                  And there are plenty of educated Brits taking advantage where language is not an issue.
                  Why don't Brits go to Germany? I don't know.
                  They used to in the 80s, they'd be welcome now, but the current generation seems to have too many benefits and/or be too insular and up their own arses to actually go and graft somewhere else.

as usual SAS.

In hope no one pays you for your analytical skills.

Comment

Was walking through Manchester today and went past a Big Issue seller - who was clearly from a different country based on the accent I would say one of the Eastern European ones.

And I though yes homelessness is a big issue- and you have it made it 1 bigger.....

Comment

as usual SAS.

In hope no one pays you for your analytical skills.
                      I get paid handsomely for my analytical skills.
                      I'm not sure what anyone would pay you for, though

Tell me which bit you disagree with?
                      That there are not plenty of jobs in Germany?
                      That the standard of living is higher there, if you take account of cheap housing?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X