• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The strange and slow death of CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    I agree with you, I also pointed out before. What is sad is I continue to see the same Trolls Squad doing their "job", over and over again.
    Well you can finally used the quote function properly so you can't say you haven't learned anything.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Intel View Post
      This. Plus the accounting section no longer needs to exist. All you really need is a bot to shout "have you asked your accountant?" every few minutes.

I joined in the hope of finding some support, help and general chat about contracting. Sadly what exists is a ton of abuse in general, pretty much the same in the business forum and very little elsewhere. Mostly from the same clique.

Shame really as there are still some nuggets of gold in there occasionally.
      Not only in general or in business, one of the Trolls Squad members sent me a PM calling me tosspot.

Comment

Not only in general or in business, one of the Trolls Squad members sent me a PM calling me tosspot.
        Abuse by PM is unacceptable bullying IMO. You should forward it to Admin and cojak. Don't bother with the freak or the cretin.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Yes, when you hear the ever-growing list of those stalwarts that have simply moved on, it is a bit depressing really. And Five Times too....when did HE go?

He started a new contract a month or two ago, so presumably has his head down learning the ropes.

He was going to apply to the same clientco as me, and we were exchanging pms. But for one reason or another the other role was better. I also started a new contract this week, after five years at that previous clientco, and a couple of miles from it (so just far enough to reset the two year expenses rule, which is nice!). So I probably won't be posting much here during the week.
          Last edited by OwlHoot; 30 September 2016, 14:52.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I'm gearing up for stoptober.

The mods killed the place.

Comment

I do miss doodab and MTT. They were able to explain WHY I was a moron rather than just tell me I was one
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                He was going to apply to the same clientco as me, and we were exchanging pms. But for one reason or another the other role was better. I also started a new contract this week, after five years at that previous clientco, and a couple of miles from it (so just far enough to reset the two year expenses rule, which is nice!). So I probably won't be posting much here during the week.
                You are just trying to wind me up aren't you????
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I do miss doodab and MTT. They were able to explain WHY I was a moron rather than just tell me I was one
                  Good point. Constructive comments does not exist.

Comment

Name them or it did not happen.

I want to apply to join the Troll squad. Is that the first step to joining the CUK clique?

Comment

It was probably going downhill before then mind you.

I think Brexit took up a huge amount of posters time and resources.

Add in the immigration debate and we have been left with 2 large topics dominating the forum

And in that zeity went so we lost a lot of his classic/mildly diverting threads

So we are left with the Monday links being the only semi worthwhile thing going on

But we are all to blame I haven't started a decent thread in years (if I ever did!!)

So maybe instead of getting down on it the real people who made the CUK forums erm.... great over the years need to step up and swing.

Oh and also yes if all we ever do is alienate anyone new then things will stagnate.

Comment

Working...
                      X