• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    The man is a complete tool. He promised a referendum prior to Lisbon and reneged.

Still, I imagine having him back on TV would convince many moaners to vote Leave.
    Just because I despise the war criminal, doesn't mean I suddenly want to screw up the UK.

You seem happy enough being in bed with the BNP and SWP in the Leave camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Just because I despise the war criminal, doesn't mean I suddenly want to screw up the UK.

You seem happy enough being in bed with the BNP and SWP in the Leave camp.
      How is Brexit screwing up the UK?

And the Poles are kicking off too http://order-order.com/2016/10/28/po...sion-get-lost/
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Take a look here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...xit-stuff.html

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Fluff.
          You have nothing more than a lay (and probably incorrect) understanding of the legal arguments. You're spouting on the t'interweb, along with the rest of us.

That being said.

It's not the same because Article 50 sets in course a series of events which are irreversible
          What's your legal evidence to support this assertion?

The Bill of Rights restricts the exercise of royal powers over parliament, and as a champion of UK parliamentary sovereignty, you presumably support that?
          I suspect that you don't fully understand the argument you're making here. In essence, you're arguing that "statute beats prerogative". In the case of A50, this is accurate, but irrelevant. What, precisely, is the relevant conflict between the two? What Act of Parliament is inevitably displaced by the triggering of A50? What is the legal argument to suggest that a risk would be sufficient?
          Weeeeeee!

Comment

pooperscoop is the fountain of all knowledge with regards to Brexit
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

And the Poles are kicking off too Polish Government Tells European Commission to Get Lost - Guido Fawkes Euro Guido
              Not the full truth. The right wing gov in Poland changed the law and politicised the appointing of judges.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Not the full truth. The right wing gov in Poland changed the law and politicised the appointing of judges.

Attaching reason to emotion stirring headlines is not appropriate for this thread

Comment

Attaching reason to emotion stirring headlines is not appropriate for this thread
                  There you go, then:

Will Young has left Strictly??? Word on the street is they were trying to pay him in Sterling.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    The morning after..

you would be better off with Juncker complaining oh Tulip where are we going to get teh money from to pay for Greece now our big sponsor has left?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Nissan assurances must mean the UK will stay in the customs unions

interesting, the Germans would also be wanting that I would have thought and Australia have rejected negotiations.

Is Liam Fox redundant ?

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X