• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The only “subsidies” to the automotive industry comes from the EU Regional Development fund. If you know different , then post a link.
    I just have. But it's here again for ease of access.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      So the bit in the leaflet that said the Government would implement the result was a bit of a fabrication then?
      OMG it was in the leaflet it must be true!!
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        OMG it was in the leaflet it must be true!!
        The main difference is it said 'will' as opposed to suggesting it might or it would be considered.

It's good to see the new Government acting in the interests of democracy and doing what the previous said they would but didn't.

Comment

Just reading back through a few threads it's actually amazing to see just how much of the EU tulipe you lot have swallowed.

Anyway, just to reiterate today's good news:

Services sector recovers.

Recession to be avoided?

Britain on the right track think the majority of the population

Sturgeon knows she will lose

A balanced view of Japanese letters....

Enjoy!

Comment

The document (like the vote) was not legally binding. End of.

Just you watch, article 50 will be pushed into the long grass as talks go on and on before Brexit looks the same as if we remained. Mark my words.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Which would all be fine if the Scottish population was 15 million
              We prefer not to import lots of EU migrants

Comment

You should be grateful your lot were too gutless to vote to leave the UK as your estimates were based upon oil at $150. You thought you had it made but were too gutless to go through with it. Even the odious Sturgeon is backing down on her claims of another referendum because she knows she will lose.

The English and Welsh on the other hand aren't gutless. We don't need to cling on to other people's coat tails. We didn't like what we had but rather than bleat we actually did something about it.

Recent polls show the majority are happy with the decision taken by the country. If you can't live with that then go and join your mates in Germany and whinge to them when the EU goes down the pan.

Jeepers someone has got the wind up them.

Comment

I just have. But it's here again for ease of access.

I can only presume they are hinting about previous grants to Ford and Nissan but as far as I know, there hasn’t been since 2009.

The article is a bit wishy washy especially about airline fuel having a “subsidy” because there is no tax on it. In fact there is already a hefty tax on air travel.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    The document (like the vote) was not legally binding. End of.

Just you watch, article 50 will be pushed into the long grass as talks go on and on before Brexit looks the same as if we remained. Mark my words.
                    I agree it wasn't legally binding but if you want to avoid democracy. Let's face it, your country was given a vote on independence. If you had won by a single vote you would have expected the vote to be honoured. If it wasn't then you would have been up in arms about Westminster stich-ups.

We are leaving and that's it. We already look to be having an immigration system stronger than a basic points system. And we have stated it is unlikely we will remain in the single market.

If you want another UK referendum then I would be more than happy for you to have one. I think you would lose though which is why Sturgeon has changed her tune. Go for it.

Comment

Well there you go, first promise broken.

Theresa May has rejected a points-based system for controlling EU migration, one of the key promises of Leave campaigners during the referendum.

Comment

Working...
                      X