• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    Funny, just sold a property for asking price after a week on the market.
    Not quite London but close enough.
    Buyer's Indian interestingly, as in from India, not British Indian.
    So no property market collapse. Another remain lie. I feel hard done by.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      How very conciliatory of you.

Well, sometimes the only way for boneheads who ignore the facts to acknowledge reality is when the facts come and bite them in the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        So no property market collapse. Another remain lie. I feel hard done by.
        As many others predicted, the weak pound means foreign buyers see a buying oppo.
        Not a good thing in the long run, if even vaster swathes than presently, become foreign-owned.
        But hey ho.

Comment

As many others predicted, the weak pound means foreign buyers see a buying oppo.
          Not a good thing in the long run, if even vaster swathes than presently, become foreign-owned.
          But hey ho.
          Foreign, BTL. I don't mind a foreignor owning property if they are going to live in it. Or an investor if they pay for it outright. I don't believe in subsidising BTL though.

Comment

Looks like Ford are considering closing their engine manufacturing plants.

Ford to consider closing UK factories in Leave towns after Brexit | Business News | News | The Independent

Doesn't really make sense to export engines to the EU and reimport the assembled cars. I presume they'll build the engines in Europe and either export the assembled cars or engines to the UK, that way there will be less tariffs and other administrative costs to pay
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

So do you think there will be more or less manufacturing in 5 years?
              Bear in mind there was something of a renaissance in past years.
              Not that I give a sh1t, most of those in manufacturing areas voted leave - fook em.
              More. The reports I have heard suggest an upturn in orders from overseas.

As an example, the boss of New Balance was on R5 Sports Business yesterday saying fully committed to their UK plant. Nothing will change.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Ford to consider closing UK factories in Leave towns after Brexit | Business News | News | The Independent

Doesn't really make sense to export engines to the EU and reimport the assembled cars. I presume they'll build the engines in Europe and either export the assembled cars or engines to the UK, that way there will be less tariffs and other administrative costs to pay
                The sensible option would be to reopen a plant in the UK to build the cars. We make the engines. A lower £ means more overseas sales.

They say prices will rise but that means fewer sales. The cars are already overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

The Independent. Isn't it one of those blog style rants rather than a newspaper nowadays?

Comment

Taken from PWC
                    Would that be the same PWC who rubber stamped the BHS deal?

Remaining was only good for Multi-nationals and the very wealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                      More. The reports I have heard suggest an upturn in orders from overseas.

I don't think the voices in your head are a reliable indicator of the economy.
                      I prefer to look at the published data.
                      But in any case, the strategy now is to make as much dosh on the Brexit gravy train as possible, then fook off to sunnier climes .

Comment

Working...
                      X