• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    What's the sp got to do with the job losses.

You really are another economically clueless muppet. There seem to be a few on your side of the argument.

If you don't like it, leave.
    You dude shout a lot, but think or research a little before your posts...
    Earnings per share were down to 3.9p from 4.6p but the board declared an interim dividend of 0.85p per share, up 13%.

Profits were hit by total revenues falling 1% to £8.87bn and higher loan impairments which proved more than enough to outweigh a 3% reduction in operating costs from chief executive António Horta-Osório's simplification programme.

Having already slashed £0.6bn of the £1bn of targeted annual costs in response to the lower interest rate environment, the Spaniard unveiled the new round of cuts that would help trammel costs towards a new target of £1.6bn.

Given the uncertainty following the Brexit vote there was no change to formal longer term guidance at this stage, the board conceded it "is possible that this capital generation may be somewhat lower in future years than previously guided"
    Given the uncertainty following the Brexit vote there was no change to formal longer term guidance at this stage, the board conceded it "is possible that this capital generation may be somewhat lower in future years than previously guided"

Horta-Osório said the impact of Brexit would be dependent on economic and political outcomes which still remain uncertain, but he reduced expectations for capital generation by around 160 basis points of CET1 capital in 2016 from 2% to 1.6%, pre-dividend, due in particular the effect of currency rates on risk weighted assets.

He added: "Following the EU referendum the outlook for the UK economy is uncertain and, while the precise impact is dependent upon a number of factors including EU negotiations and political and economic events, a deceleration of growth seems likely.

Comment

Those who voted Remain

We are Brexiting. The PM herself has said "Brexit means Brexit".

It's clear you are never going to be happy now in a free, independent, democratic and prosperous Britain and there's no point in being somewhere that's making you unhappy.

So, to avoid 20 or 30 years of misery, might I suggest the Bremoaners get busy filling in emigration forms ASAP.

Enjoy your new lives abroad!

All the best,

DP

Comment

Originally posted by GB9
        You're a thick chunt.

What was predicted exactly? That the Ftse 100 or 250 would be higher than pre vote?

You're free to feck off elsewhere if you don't like it. If you aren't somewhere else already.
        Have you been shouting that at East Europeans recently as well?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          We are Brexiting. The PM herself has said "Brexit means Brexit".

It's clear you are never going to be happy now in a free, independent, democratic and prosperous Britain and there's no point in being somewhere that's making you unhappy.

So, to avoid 20 or 30 years of misery, might I suggest the Bremoaners get busy filling in emigration forms ASAP.

All the best,

DP
          Thanks!

You enjoy USA 2.0 when I'm gone!

Comment

Ideally go now just in case the countries you want to move to introduce some sort of personality check in which case we will be stuck with you.

Thinking about it, nit many of you ate actually here anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Thanks!

You enjoy USA 2.0 when I'm gone!
              Isn't the EU already USA 2?

Comment

Or you could become freedom fighters and start bombing us into seeing sense. Seems popular these days.
                I get up...

Comment

Wow, and they have the nerve to call Brexiters cretins
                  I get up...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

All the best,

DP
                    I'm having a fantastic life abroad, thank-you . I look forward very much to Britain becoming free, independent, democratic and prosperous. I truly hope it happens one day.

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    ...Thinking about it, nit many of you ate actually here anyway.
                    Coherent as ever.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ClothCap View Post
                      Wow, and they have the nerve to call Brexiters cretins
                      fact innit? Ask Sasguru.

Comment

Working...
                      X