• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Where's the 'Yawn' emoticon I requested?

I sure as hell haven't seen any slow down. And I have an interview on Monday for a contract to start in mid-September. I still have 8 weeks left on the current one.

Our economy has vastly outperformed the EU zone for the last few years as you all well know so the EU is playing catch up.

Still, makes a few Bemoaners happy in their overseas BTLs.
    2006 rates was it?

A gal in Cambridge called me up yesterday for a contract job paying the same as I got in 2003:/)

People must be desperate if they can secure on that. Desperate.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      2006 rates was it?

A gal in Cambridge called me up yesterday for a contract job paying the same as I got in 2003:/)

People must be desperate if they can secure on that. Desperate.
      maybe she thought you were desperate having had to run abroad to get a job?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        maybe she thought you were desperate having had to run abroad to get a job?
        I don't go to jobs. Jobs come to me.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Those figures cover the month or so of uncertainty, so no wonder they were (not are, were) down a bit until the dust settled.
          Dust won't settle. Dust just got vaporised with this news.

Comment

Panicky feckwits the lot of you. Are you just going to whinge forever ffs?
            I get up...

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

Stop bedwetting. It will all be fine.

Regards,
              Brexiters (who are looking to run away to Europe soon)
              Originally posted by ClothCap View Post

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                The BBC, and all the other sad Remainers, are desperate to put the worst possible light on the result.

Those figures cover the month or so of uncertainty, so no wonder they were (not are, were) down a bit until the dust settled.
                That's the spirit. Dig for Victory!

Comment

Until admin decides to block non-uk ip addresses to cut out the whineing...

Comment

Just out of interest, how long have Eurosceptics been whinging for? Around 40+ years I would suspect
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Until admin decides to block non-uk ip addresses to cut out the whineing...
                      I read that as non ukip!
                      I get up...

Comment

Working...
                      X