• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Jaguar Land rover plc just posted the best Global sales figures EVER.
    Where do they declare their profits BTW? UK? or India?

Comment

Jaguar Land rover plc just posted the best Global sales figures EVER.
      I'm sure the Tata family will be pleased.
      I'm sure also they'll be thinking how they can increase those profits even more by moving production to their big shiny new plant in Slovakia - I know I would.
      Last edited by CretinWatcher; 13 July 2016, 13:53.

Comment

Always a problem when you don't keep any eye on current affairs, these days.
        The fact then anyone thinks any of these companies are "British" in any real terms, currently - they are very sadly mistaken
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You can't have you cake and eat it you twunts. Either it's good to have HQ's here, promoting jobs here etc etc or it's not? Why are you fixated on Profit? You should be more concerned about inward investment. You should stop listening to the Economists gazing into their crystal ball and start thinking for yourself.

Darwin was right - Adapt or die.

Comment

You can't have you cake and eat it you twunts. Either it's good to have HQ's here, promoting jobs here etc etc or it's not? Why are you fixated on Profit? You should be more concerned about inward investment. You should stop listening to the Economists gazing into their crystal ball and start thinking for yourself.

It is, hopefully they will stay here.

Very true!!
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Must explain why all the brightest and best are moving, or have moved, out of the UK
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You should be more concerned about inward investment. You should stop listening to the Economists gazing into their crystal ball and start thinking for yourself.

Completely agree.
                So imagine you're Mr. Tokohashi of Toyota looking to build a factory in this part of the world.
                Would you now invest your millions in the UK, when the threat exists that you couldn't access the large EU single market?
                Or would you do the no-brainer and build somewhere in Europe which has the infrastructure, like Slovakia - and no minimum wage to boot?

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
                  I'm not really fretting about the markets.
                  I'm asking what a plausible model is for the economy going forward.
                  But that's the whole beauty of living in an open, entrepreneurial, business focused, liberal democracy, with light regulation, strong laws and low taxes.

YOU don't need to worry about it.

Today somebody, I don't know whether it was a boy or girl, whether they were old or young, whether they came from a privileged background or from the streets*, started a company.

It's only a tiny embryo today. But they have seen a golden opportunity and the chance to build something they love. Being an entrepreneurial go-getter they've seized the opportunity with both hands.

It might be manufacturing outfit, it could be a new service based organisation. Whatever it is, they have the passion, intelligence and commitment to make a success of it.

Today it employs one person, by the end of the decade it will employ 500. In 20 years it will employ 50,000 and be entering the FTSE100. Creating employment and opportunity for many.

Wish them luck!

* Statistically : It's a privately educated, white, male.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                    But that's the whole beauty of living in an open, entrepreneurial, business focused, liberal democracy, with light regulation, strong laws and low taxes.
                    How can I get to that place?

Comment

Anyway we're 4 pages into this thread and no Brexiter has any credible plan for the future.
                      Therefore, my initial conclusion remains the same, the sh!t will eventually hit the fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X