• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Many more Bobs to arrive in the UK ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    Is that the Paul Theroux book by any chance? Saving that for my holiday in a week's time ...
    Indeed it is.

He paints quite a bleak picture of contemporary life in the rural south - the ravages of globalisation, current and past racial tensions, the inbuilt victimhood and antipathy to the Unionist North.

Feels like a tinderbox that could go bang anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Indian owned companies already employ over 100,000 in the UK
      That's true, however European and US companies located in the UK generally pay better than UK local companies. I'm not convinced this is necessarily the case for Indian owned companies. Although any form of inward investment is welcome if European companies are going to reduce their investments going forward.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rouge View Post

...the ravages of globalisation, current and past racial tensions, the inbuilt victimhood and antipathy to London and the South

Feels like a tinderbox that could go bang anytime soon.
        FTFY.
        Sounds like the North of England

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          That's true, however European and US companies located in the UK generally pay better than UK local companies. I'm not convinced this is necessarily the case for Indian owned companies. Although any form of inward investment is welcome if European companies are going to reduce their investments going forward.
          They will be campaigning to drop the Working Time Directive that's incorporated into laws in the UK ignoring the fact loads of workers opt-out if it is safe to do so.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Immigrant numbers in the UK show the largest number of foreign-born to be from India, but the largest number of foreign passport holders to be from Poland.

Unsurprisingly, people on EU passports don't need to change citizenship as they can come and go as they please, but non-EU citizens want to get that UK passport as soon as they can.

Which, of course, entitles them to bring in family members.
            The terms 'Family Member' and 'Extended Family Member' apply to EEA immgration law, once and EU citizen obtains UK citizenship EEA immigration laws cease to apply to them and they move under UK immigration law like non-EU citizens.

They cannot bring 'family members' only their spouse or their children under 18. There is the Adult Dependent Relative visa for older kids and parents but it costs £2000 per applicant and has a success rate of 0.001% at the moment.

CLICK HERE >>> http://www.immigrationboards.com <<< CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              CLICK HERE >>> http://www.immigrationboards.com <<< CLICK HERE
              Must...... Not...... Click.....
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

They cannot bring 'family members' only their spouse or their children under 18.
                Spouse and children sounds like family members to me.

The point is, non-EU nationals are more likely to seek British citizenship than EU nationals. Those from Asia are also more likely to return to their home countries to find a spouse than other non-EU nationals, and then return to the UK with that new spouse. Couple this with the OP where the UK is seeking greater ties with India, plus the long-running "skills shortage", and we'll be seeing a greater movement of people from SE Asia to the UK.

Net immigration won't change significantly, only the countries.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Must...... Not...... Click.....
                  Go for it! Have a look in the ILR forum, almost every case is ILR refusals from T1G for tax fiddling, now that UKVI have access to HMRC records.

"I have been refused ILR, due to some mistake by accountant......"

"Tax mismatch due to additional £15k unexpected expenses incurred after year end....."

Usually what happened is the folks (99% Bob IT contractors) declared £35k earnings in year one to achieve the earnings threshold to extend T1G, then after getting the extension, bunged in these 'fogotten' expenses, thereby reducing the profit and tax payable.

Earnings declared to UKVI for visa = £35k
                  Earnings declared to HMRC for tax = £20k

And it's always the Accountants fault! I'm lovin' it!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    Spouse and children sounds like family members to me.

The point is, non-EU nationals are more likely to seek British citizenship than EU nationals. Those from Asia are also more likely to return to their home countries to find a spouse than other non-EU nationals, and then return to the UK with that new spouse. Couple this with the OP where the UK is seeking greater ties with India, plus the long-running "skills shortage", and we'll be seeing a greater movement of people from SE Asia to the UK.

Net immigration won't change significantly, only the countries.
                    I thought you were implying family members like parents, gramps, sisters, sacred cow etc!

Which, ironically as a non-EU citizen married to an EU citizen exercising a Treaty Right you can (not sure about the cow though)

In the linked board, you'll see another common 'trick' is to move to Ireland for a while to exercise a treaty right (by working/studying/even being sef-sufficient in another EU State) for a while, import mother, father, brother, sister, even gramps and cousins as 'family members' and 'extended family members' and return to UK with the lot under the Surinder Singh ruling. All free, no visa fees at all.

UKVI has cottoned on to this now, and imposed a very anti-EU stance that to do this you need to shift your 'centre of life' to the new State, for at least 12 months. Some got away with basically a three week holiday in Dublin and wham, whole family imported...

I'm a Bremainer but even I can see that's taking the piss and has to stop.

Comment

Go for it! Have a look in the ILR forum, almost every case is ILR refusals from T1G for tax fiddling, now that UKVI have access to HMRC records...
                      Here's one to get you started. http://www.immigrationboards.com/ind...y-t206032.html
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X