• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No talks before Article 50, says Angela Merkel's spokesman

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    No talks before Article 50, says Angela Merkel's spokesman

    Makes you wonder how we're going to delay activation of the article before the end of the week.


    More on that line we brought you from Angela Merkel's spokesman, via Reuters.

    "One thing is clear: before Britain has sent this request there will be no informal preliminary talks about the modalities of leaving," Steffen Seibert told a news conference a short time ago.

    "Only when Britain has made the request according to Article 50 will the European Council draw up guidelines in consensus for an exit agreement."

    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

    #2
    ...but hang on the UK has a trade deficit with the EU, they're just scaremongering.

    I'm alright Jack

    Comment


      #3
      I don't know how there can be "no informal talks". No formal talks maybe, but is every government minister in Europe just going to refuse to even say hello to Boris?

      Actually that sounds fun.

      If it's true then that means Sturgeon is probably screwed too.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

      Comment


        #4
        I think we should say fair enough we invoke it and want nothing more to do with you

        We will take the tariffs because it will be cheeper than the argument you want us to have.

        ta-ta

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          I think we should say fair enough we invoke it and want nothing more to do with you

          We will take the tariffs because it will be cheeper than the argument you want us to have.

          ta-ta
          Great idea, let's do this!

          Comment


            #6
            I would suggest we start negotiating with non EU nations today.

            If we can get India & China on board then we can get a restraining order against Merkel & Juncker.
            "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

            I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by vetran View Post
              I would suggest we start negotiating with non EU nations today.

              If we can get India & China on board then we can get a restraining order against Merkel & Juncker.
              and accept 500m of immigrants instead of 330k
              For business purposes of course

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                I don't know how there can be "no informal talks". No formal talks maybe, but is every government minister in Europe just going to refuse to even say hello to Boris?
                Why would they even talk to him? He is a backbencher MP, he got no authority. Nobody will talk to him until he is a PM or officially appointed by the Govt in some capacity that warrants ministers talk to him.

                Until Article 50 is invoked they will be too busy anyway.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                  and accept 500m of immigrants instead of 330k
                  For business purposes of course
                  or we can sell them people with experience in the other direction... there are at least 50% of the population that wants to be somewhere else now

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    or we can sell them people with experience in the other direction... there are at least 50% of the population that wants to be somewhere else now
                    yeah traditionally we export the Irish (to lay railways), Scots (to build bridges) & Cornish (to Dig holes). We could get rid of all the troublemakers!
                    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

                    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X