• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No talks before Article 50, says Angela Merkel's spokesman

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I don't know how there can be "no informal talks".
    No official formal talks. Unofficially, there'll be intensive discussions.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      (Surprised Nick Clegg hasn't been blamed as well)

Surprised he hasn't popped up ready to lead the negotiation.

Someone needs to start leading soon ....

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post

I'll do it. At least I know that I have no idea what I am talking about.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Maybe we need a wartime coalition.

Not a terrible idea actually.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Hamface is setting up (and is a) "unit".

They aren't going to trigger Article 50 until they know precisely what they want (bottom line, best case scenario etc.). There are degrees of informality and, regardless of what the EU is currently saying, there will be informal talks, because Hamface's unit will be populated by people that have long relationships with the Eurocrats. Much sounding out will take place.

Will there be an EEA+ (i.e. constrained free movement)? Difficult to say. Not if you listen to the Junker wing. More likely if you listen to Merkel, but it's very difficult to read her at this stage. The priority for Merkel et al. right now is to not accentuate market nerves until there's a functioning UK Gov't, but the tone could change once Article 50 is triggered, especially if Boris wins. TBH, I think that's going to plague Boris as the leadership contest develops. You're going to get Project Fear Mk. II from the EU institutions about dealing with him (not entirely unfounded either). I think May is a quite likely alternative, despite being a Bremainer.

Interesting times.

Comment

Nick Clegg ,while being useful for making pleasantries in multiple languages to make other European leaders feel at ease, is not the leader of any political party in the UK.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Why would they even talk to him? He is a backbencher MP, he got no authority. Nobody will talk to him until he is a PM or officially appointed by the Govt in some capacity that warrants ministers talk to him.

Until Article 50 is invoked they will be too busy anyway.
                Doing what exactly?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Doing what exactly?
                  Fighting to control the Tory party.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Couldn't one of us write and send the article 50 letter?

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Cornwall voted out but still want the money, or at least the government to guarantee the same amount of investment
                      I read this. Nearly fell off my chair.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X